All cancer patients!!

Do you believe there is a CURE for CANCER  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe there is a CURE for CANCER

• 100% YES
    • 100% NO

Do you have any sort of grounding in scientific education L M C?

If you do then you will know that the link contains some dreadful terminology and explanation. The mitochondria aren't cells, they are organelles in a cell and they are present in the vast majority of human cells.

Another important thing is that it could be completely possible for DCA to kill all sorts of cells in vitro but yet have no ability to do the same in vivo, or for the dosage of DCA needed to be active to be high enough that it was otherwise toxic in humans, and we have no way of knowing any of this without proper trials.

The 'cure' cannot be given until it is evaluated and actually found to be effective and safe, so there's no point in asking for it until it has been trialled and the safe, effective dose and method of administration is found.

Do you have any sort of grounding in scientific education L M C?

If you do then you will know that the link contains some dreadful terminology and explanation. The mitochondria aren't cells, they are organelles in a cell and they are present in the vast majority of human cells.

Another important thing is that it could be completely possible for DCA to kill all sorts of cells in vitro but yet have no ability to do the same in vivo, or for the dosage of DCA needed to be active to be high enough that it was otherwise toxic in humans, and we have no way of knowing any of this without proper trials.

The 'cure' cannot be given until it is evaluated and actually found to be effective and safe, so there's no point in asking for it until it has been trialled and the safe, effective dose and method of administration is found.

Do i need any grounding in Scientific Education Medusa??

I have posted a link for people to read which i found quite interesting and maybe others will too.

It seems to be you have very high knowledge of Scientific Education yourself so maybe you could answer a question for me if possible.

Is Chemotherapy and Radiotherapy safe?

I have posted a link for people to read which i found quite interesting and maybe others will too.

It seems to be you have very high knowledge of Scientific Education yourself so maybe you could answer a question for me if possible.

If you have to resort to this kind of question[/ing], then it's almost certain that you don't have and grounding in Scientific Education.

Edited by *_ash_*

My bold...

I would say yes, quite definitely, you need something of a grounding in science, to be able to sift the chaff from the wheat, in what often amounts to wildly exaggerated and sensationalist claims for supposed cures for devastating diseases like cancer. 'Cures' that are often no more than snake-oil.

As for whether radiotherapy and chemotherapy are safe, it varies, from individual case to individual, as sometimes, the benefits outweigh the risks, and sometimes the risks outweigh the benefits.

Some phase I studies for this have been completed:

https://clinicaltrials.gov/show/NCT01111097

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24297161?dopt=Abstract

At least one was terminated due to safety concerns.

https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT01029925?term=dichloroacetate&rank=7

And a number of others have been put on hold.

My bold...

I would say yes, quite definitely, you need something of a grounding in science, to be able to sift the chaff from the wheat, in what often amounts to wildly exaggerated and sensationalist claims for supposed cures for devastating diseases like cancer. 'Cures' that are often no more than snake-oil.

As for whether radiotherapy and chemotherapy are safe, it varies, from individual case to individual, as sometimes, the benefits outweigh the risks, and sometimes the risks outweigh the benefits.

... and I think also, that within the slightly loaded OP question, it doesn't address the number of different cancers. Some are obvious and early signs. Some aren't spotted until they have really pretty much taken over the body.

Screening is the obvious answer to that, but that costs money, so money has to be directed towards more likelier groups.

Undoubtedly, someone will say 'all you think about is the money', then they haven't got a grasp on reality.

The link may be interesting, but if the information contained within it is not sound then it is of no practical use, and anything claiming to be based on sound science would be expected to have the language that shows that. The piece you linked to does not.

The New Scientist article which is linked to from within the original link is much better written (as expected) and at least makes sense. However, that makes mention of how much further away this may be as a treatment. This treatment is not anywhere near marketable stage- it's still in early phase trials, and over 90% of compounds which start early stage trails are found to be either ineffective, or too toxic to be of use, or useless for some other reason.

Conventional chemotherapy and radiotherapy are not 'safe' in that you would never plan for anybody other than those who are seriously ill with a tumour to take them, but since I owe my life to radiotherapy and a selection of chemotherapy agents and there is ample evidence from trials to show, they are effective for a certain group of people and for a certain time in controlling/killing some tumours.