Fed-up with benefit program's on TV

It's all very well saying that Tesco should pay the living wage, but that would cause them to look at their business practices and eliminate any roles with value below this. You'd lose a lot of checkout people and get a lot more self-checkouts, and you'd likely get more automation of shelf-stacking and warehousing etc.

If Tesco don't pay the living wage how are many of their workers supposed to survive financially?

In-work benefits!!

The penny will drop soon I'm sure.

It's all very well saying that Tesco should pay the living wage, but that would cause them to look at their business practices and eliminate any roles with value below this. You'd lose a lot of checkout people and get a lot more self-checkouts, and you'd likely get more automation of shelf-stacking and warehousing etc.

If supermarkets take that route, we can always boycott them.

Personally I hate the self service checkouts and always use a manned one for just that reason. Why help them do people out of a job?

If anyone thinks living on benefits is easy try it. You live on the never ever to places like bright house . You pay 4 times the cost for the TV etc. Don’t be fooled with the crap you see on TV. More to the point. Why are we spending £3.4billion in foreign aid when we have our own homeless needing help?

If supermarkets take that route, we can always boycott them.

Personally I hate the self service checkouts and always use a manned one for just that reason. Why help them do people out of a job?

Supermarkets cost jobs when they opened. Why not shop at an "Open All Hours" style grocer, then a separate Greengrocer, Butchers, Fishmongers, Haberdashery etc etc?