Fed-up with benefit program's on TV

Oh Ok, they wouldn't then, forget everything I just said :roll:

So, Starbucks (2012 turnover of over £400m) and McDonald's (turnover of £845m in 2009 and I don't think that includes franchises) are going to move because they're going to have to pay a bit of tax on profits? They are going to leave our populated, wealthy island for fresher tax-free fields?

Give over.

Let's see how the tax avoiders are living it up with tax payers money. It would be the equivalent to watching the winners of lottery programs.

I'm sure watching Dave the plumber spend the tax he should of claimed but didn't on his last cash in hand job would be thoroughly entertaining.

Let's face it, these programmes aren't about the politics of living on benefits, they are programs that let us see how next week's guests on Jeremy Kyle actually live at home.

People know and see people living the relative high life on benefits while other people work tedious jobs and come home exhausted.

Er, have you actually watched any of the program's about people living on benefits on TV? Who would want to change places with any of them and if people resent them so much, what's to stop them living the same type of existence if they're that envious of such a 'wonderful lifestyle'.

Er, have you actually watched any of the program's about people living on benefits on TV? Who would want to change places with any of them and if people resent them so much, what's to stop them living the same type of existence if they're that envious of such a 'wonderful lifestyle'.

I watched 5 minutes of benefits street. I think anyone who watched the whole series needs their tv confiscating.

Let's balance things out a bit shall we. Why don't we have as many program's of large corporate tax evaders, as we do benefit program's on TV?

Are you kidding? You can't turn the TV on for hearing/seeing about it. Look at how they do their programmes when they do? Panorama the other week about tax avoid/evade was equally TV trash as these programmes.

Isn't that the same excuse given for over-paid bankers who are awarded huge bonuses? If they are all that good, let them go to all these wonderful jobs abroad.

Yes, but then companies do move jobs. If you think they don't, then try ringing a call centre and see what country they are in.

So, Starbucks (2012 turnover of over £400m) and McDonald's (turnover of £845m in 2009 and I don't think that includes franchises) are going to move because they're going to have to pay a bit of tax on profits? They are going to leave our populated, wealthy island for fresher tax-free fields?

Give over.

Well they can't move the physical place because we can't get hot McDonalds from Amazon yet :hihi: Anything else, like I wrote above ^^ they'll take somewhere else.

It's not much different really to avoiding tax, it's to save money and make more profit.

I watched 5 minutes of benefits street. I think anyone who watched the whole series needs their tv confiscating.

These program's are just well edited to make you get angry about the little people in life to take your eye of the real billionaire corporate scroungers in life.

---------- Post added 24-02-2015 at 22:54 ----------

Are you kidding? You can't turn the TV on for hearing/seeing about it. Look at how they do their programmes when they do? Panorama the other week about tax avoid/evade was equally TV trash as these programmes.

It's not whether they are trash or not, just how imbalanced they are and how many there are against the ordinary man when the big boys are getting away with billions.

Let's see how the tax avoiders are living it up with tax payers money. It would be the equivalent to watching the winners of lottery programs.

What tax payer's money? If we are talking about tax avoiders they aren't living it up on tax payers money, they are living it up on their own money.

You do realise that if a lot of large company's had to pay stupid amounts of tax they would just shut up shop and move their operations abroad right? That would then cost the uk loads of jobs and screw the economy up even more than tax avoidance.

Have you ever thought that might be why the government has their hands tied a little with it?

Don't try logic against the ignorant, it wont work.

No they wouldn't.

Yes it will as multi nationals will find it cheaper to base operations abroad, I imagine Ireland will be a big beneficiary as they have been in the past with offering large companies better tax deals than us.

It will also make it less desirable for new investments from abroad, especially the emerging Asian markets especially.

Isn't that the same excuse given for over-paid bankers who are awarded huge bonuses? If they are all that good, let them go to all these wonderful jobs abroad.

Yes, but that doesn't mean it isn't a salient point. The jobs would only become more attractive abroad if our tax laws (or restrictions on bonuses) were to change. I suspect you have done very little research into the implications of what you are suggesting. Reductions to the top tax rate in the early 80's actually increased taxation income as more people stayed within the UK, or kept their money hear. The reverse is true of France, whom increased their top rate of tax and saw a drop in taxation revenue.

You see things too simply. The world isn't against you and you aren't some genius who has thought of a magical way to resolve societies issues.

Yes, but then companies do move jobs. If you think they don't, then try ringing a call centre and see what country they are in.

Well they can't move the physical place because we can't get hot McDonalds from Amazon yet :hihi: Anything else, like I wrote above ^^ they'll take somewhere else.

It's not much different really to avoiding tax, it's to save money and make more profit.

Some will move jobs but I doubt that's down to corporation tax arrangements. They'll move a call centre abroad because they can pay staff 2p an hour and pay no mind to our tougher employment laws. You could say the same for manufacturing as well but that is also due to cost of land and cost of redeveloping a factory (I'm thinking ford at Southampton - alot mostly newer car plants in this country are expanding).

You aren't going to get someone selling stuff online like iTunes and Google, you might lose some banks but again a lot of these are already squirreling away money to Luxembourg anyway. In the current climate I'm not sure how many countries would welcome banks bringing their non tax paying operations into town and sticking up diamond encrusted rods up to the local populace. The City is still the big dog in Europe and it would take a lot to change that. We don't need to tax them till the pips squeak just stop them taking the ****.

---------- Post added 24-02-2015 at 23:01 ----------

What tax payer's money? If we are talking about tax avoiders they aren't living it up on tax payers money, they are living it up on their own money.

Don't try logic against the ignorant, it wont work.

Yes it will as multi nationals will find it cheaper to base operations abroad, I imagine Ireland will be a big beneficiary as they have been in the past with offering large companies better tax deals than us.

It will also make it less desirable for new investments from abroad, especially the emerging Asian markets especially.

Yes, but that doesn't mean it isn't a salient point. The jobs would only become more attractive abroad if our tax laws (or restrictions on bonuses) were to change. I suspect you have done very little research into the implications of what you are suggesting. Reductions to the top tax rate in the early 80's actually increased taxation income as more people stayed within the UK, or kept their money hear. The reverse is true of France, whom increased their top rate of tax and saw a drop in taxation revenue.

You see things too simply. The world isn't against you and you aren't some genius who has thought of a magical way to resolve societies issues.

Can anyone name a major company who has moved operations to another country purely because of tax?

I'm not sure Ireland is a good example - the last time I looked their economy was in the toilet. Having Microsoft hanging round the place didn't save them did it.

Edited by tinfoilhat

What are you talking about? By avoiding paying their tax they are spending tax payers money, and they proudly know and admit it.

Give over.

How much profit do they make on this though? how many employees do they have in work and off benefits? you've gone for the easy obvious targets here and this is the tip of the iceberg, there are plenty of other large corporations who would switch overseas if it was more cost effective.