Fed-up with benefit program's on TV

I believe that it isn't possible to give 120%, or any amount of effort that is > 100%.

You carry on being a walking cliche. I'll go about my business properly:)

It is very possible mate, ever heard of time saved? ie it takes an hour to do something but you can do it in 50 minutes?

Very possible, I do the equivalent of about 11 hours work in an eight hour period on average, all top quality work too, also it has been said by numerous managers my work quality is second to none. :)

Everyone I know gets paid for doing their job. Why should you get paid again for doing what you are paid to do?

If you work in the private sector, then I would be surprised.

If you worked with 9 other people in a sales job with a basic wage, and you sold £1000 of supplies a week, and the other 9 sold nothing, then if you tell me that you wouldn't feel pee'd off then I simply wouldn't believe you if you told me that you would be happy taking the same wage as them.

Where's the incentive for our fire service? Do they not go the extra mile?

I think that's a poor argument by your standards Bonzo. Chalk and cheese and you know it.

Most (if not ALL) people don't go into Nursing/teaching/fire etc. to look for bonuses/big money. I think to suggest this as an argument is insulting to people who spend their training years (often for practically sod all) doing it because they want to do it.

I know 2 firemen who I went to school with and their dedication to their desire to work in that field was something I've not seen in many people in all my years.

I've also been out with 2 nurses in my time, so I got to hear the inside story. BOTH were quite similar to any other people in any profession: came home and complained about hours occasionally, same with colleagues/bosses etc. ... but both thought that they were paid well and their training was worth it for their rewards.

It's something I couldn't do, nor put a price on it. Neither job.

When my Mum had cancer, I would have sold my house, sold my car, sold everything that I own for the Docs/Nurses to make her better, so what price is it? If I had £25m in my account I would have given it all up. I know you would too for you child/children. So what is a fair wage? I don't think a price can be put on any people who do these jobs.

I wrote some more but cocked up the quotes/[/colours ] thing. :hihi::roll:

It is very possible mate, ever heard of time saved? ie it takes an hour to do something but you can do it in 50 minutes?

Very possible, I do the equivalent of about 11 hours work in an eight hour period on average, all top quality work too, also it has been said by numerous managers my work quality is second to none. :)

Haha. You're funny:)

Unless you are Dr Who, I think that you will find that you do the equivalent of eight hours' work in an eight hour shift.

Anything else would rip a hole in the space-time continuum.

Perhaps you mean that you work hard. In which case, well done.

You didn't answer my earlier question.

What's the difference between someone playing the benefits system and someone playing the tax system?

6+5+ the length of stroke and width of the side panelling?

I didn't answer cause its a stupid question.

---------- Post added 25-02-2015 at 00:22 ----------

Haha. You're funny:)

Unless you are Dr Who, I think that you will find that you do the equivalent of eight hours' work in an eight hour shift.

Anything else would rip a hole in the space-time continuum.

Perhaps you mean that you work hard. In which case, well done.

Thank you ;)

If you work in the private sector, then I would be surprised.

If you worked with 9 other people in a sales job with a basic wage, and you sold £1000 of supplies a week, and the other 9 sold nothing, then if you tell me that you wouldn't feel pee'd off then I simply wouldn't believe you if you told me that you would be happy taking the same wage as them.

I think that's a poor argument by your standards Bonzo. Chalk and cheese and you know it.

Most (if not ALL) people don't go into Nursing/teaching/fire etc. to look for bonuses/big money. I think to suggest this as an argument is insulting to people who spend their training years (often for practically sod all) doing it because they want to do it.

I know 2 firemen who I went to school with and their dedication to their desire to work in that field was something I've not seen in many people in all my years.

I've also been out with 2 nurses in my time, so I got to hear the inside story. BOTH were quite similar to any other people in any profession: came home and complained about hours occasionally, same with colleagues/bosses etc. ... but both thought that they were paid well and their training was worth it for their rewards.

It's something I couldn't do, nor put a price on it. Neither job.

When my Mum had cancer, I would have sold my house, sold my car, sold everything that I own for the Docs/Nurses to make her better, so what price is it? If I had £25m in my account I would have given it all up. I know you would too for you child/children. So what is a fair wage? I don't think a price can be put on any people who do these jobs.

I wrote some more but cocked up the quotes/[/colours ] thing. :hihi::roll:

That wasn't the point I was trying to make. My argument was based around the fact that banks almost brought the global economy to a complete halt, have been found guilty of fraud, money laundering and funding criminals, yet they still get rewarded with bonuses and their ceo's still get paid million pound salaries, yet our public services, which are, as you pointed out, priceless, are continually having cuts made to them. Valuable public services should hold attractive salaries to attract the cream of the crop.

---------- Post added 25-02-2015 at 00:32 ----------

6+5+ the length of stroke and width of the side panelling?

I didn't answer cause its a stupid question.

Well, expect a similar response from me when you ask a question that I can't answer.

That wasn't the point I was trying to make. [...] My argument was based around the fact that banks almost brought the global economy to a complete halt, have been found guilty of fraud, money laundering and funding criminals, yet they still get rewarded with bonuses and their ceo's still get paid million pound salaries, yet our public services, which are, as you pointed out, priceless, are continually having cuts made to them. Valuable public services should hold attractive salaries to attract the cream of the crop

Bold, fair enough. That's just how I read it.

2nd bold: The bankers screwed up, the country screwed up for not seeing/or doing anything about it. That's done.

Yes some CEOs get lots of money, some of them might have been involved, and some of them should be shot.

It's chasing a needle in a haystack, with little to come if it did get 100% justice.

-

yet our public services, which are, as you pointed out, priceless, are continually having cuts made to them. Valuable public services should hold attractive salaries to attract the cream of the crop

Quote in general:

Public services are cut because the income tax revenue/government spending isn't even slightly balanced. Tax 'banker's bounuses' etc. wouldn't even scratch the surface.

Just like with your own bank balance, if you are earning £100 a week, but spending £150, then something has to change.

Where this deficiency is balanced, ultimately is the basis for left and right wing policies.

Both have their advantages and downfalls. That's why we can't all agree on anything 100%, which would be required for 'total equality'/'utopia'.

-

Bold, not sure whether that was sarcasm or not.

This is all very play groundy bragging sir. As well as utter piffle.

Edited by GLASGOWOODS

Bold, fair enough. That's just how I read it.

2nd bold: The bankers screwed up, the country screwed up for not seeing/or doing anything about it. That's done.

Yes some CEOs get lots of money, some of them might have been involved, and some of them should be shot.

It's chasing a needle in a haystack, with little to come if it did get 100% justice.

-

Quote in general:

Public services are cut because the income tax revenue/government spending isn't even slightly balanced. Tax 'banker's bounuses' etc. wouldn't even scratch the surface.

Just like with your own bank balance, if you are earning £100 a week, but spending £150, then something has to change.

Where this deficiency is balanced, ultimately is the basis for left and right wing policies.

Both have their advantages and downfalls. That's why we can't all agree on anything 100%, which would be required for 'total equality'/'utopia'.

-

Bold, not sure whether that was sarcasm or not.

I think we are going to have to agree to disagree on a lot here.

The bankers are still screwing up. They think they're untouchable. They need putting in their place. It's time a party put that in it's manifesto. Banks are a necessity. They're very different to any other type of company. It's our money they're playing with, weather we like it or not.

I get that there's a lot of wastage in the public sector. However, there's more than enough money in our economy. It's just not doing the "trickle down", that it's supposed to.

Governments are corrupt. There's no denying that. So is the financial industry. Governments are controlled by large corporations. There's no doubting that either. Money needs removing from politics all together and there's a growing movement calling for this, particularly in America.

---------- Post added 25-02-2015 at 07:28 ----------

There is a difference between avoidance and evasion. That's "what I am talking about ".

Both are taking money out of the public purse. As far as morals go, there's very little difference as far as I'm concerned.