Fed-up with benefit program's on TV

Both are taking money out of the public purse. As far as morals go, there's very little difference as far as I'm concerned.

Being immoral isnt illegal .:)

---------- Post added 25-02-2015 at 19:52 ----------

Let's hope we've seen the last of these type of program's.

speak for yourself

If you dont like them.......... dont watch them . simples

---------- Post added 25-02-2015 at 19:54 ----------

Let's hope we've seen the last of these type of program's.

speak for yourself

The story made the Independent as well. All I want is rounded, and fair balanced news and current affairs that doesn't pander to people's prejudices

Good luck with that!

There is very little objective reporting of the news in the UK. Every newspaper and every TV news channel is pushing an agenda, imo.

Good luck with that!

There is very little objective reporting of the news in the UK. Every newspaper and every TV news channel is pushing an agenda, imo.

How about they simply show the other side of benefits that rarely gets shown on these programmes. For example, the 16billion of benefits & tax credits that goes unclaimed every year; or that the majority of benefits nowadays are for those on 'in work benefits'. I wouldn't mind them showing feckless people, but they don't make up the majority.

It gives other people a bad name, and unfortunately, it gives politicians, who should know better, the justification for pushing ever more draconian policies.

You do realise that if a lot of large company's had to pay stupid amounts of tax they would just shut up shop and move their operations abroad right?

If the tax due to a nation state were on any profits from business within that state, how would that help them?

The tax due would be the same regardless of where they're based.

Being immoral isnt illegal .:)

---------- Post added 25-02-2015 at 19:52 ----------

speak for yourself

I fail to see how anyone can be envious of the life these people lead on benefit. If anything I think most of the people are extremely sad.

My wife worked in a sales role for 10 years with no bonuses and only a couple of pay rises that she had to beg for. People still work hard without the bonus culture.

Strawman Bonzo, please!

I never implied that, and it isn't relevant to my example.

I also don't get bonuses on my work output, I just work hard, because that's what I'm paid to do.

The story made the Independent as well. All I want is rounded, and fair balanced news and current affairs that doesn't pander to people's prejudices

Me too, which is why I pointed it out.

To be a well balanced argument in here requires lots of people who think further than simple ideologies, who like in real life are in the majority.

I fail to see how anyone can be envious of the life these people lead on benefit. If anything I think most of the people are extremely sad.

How is it possible to misinterpret almost everything poppet? :confused:

People go on about people on benefits being jealous.... I think it's the other way around.

If the tax due to a nation state were on any profits from business within that state, how would that help them?

The tax due would be the same regardless of where they're based.

Well you can run a company very well and not make a profit,on paper at least...