Vigilante Cyclist. Is he the most hated man?

Is he right to do this?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Is he right to do this?

• YES; He is doing a good job, and should be commended.
    • NO; He is just being a pillock and probably jumps red lights when no-one is looking.
    • NONE OF THE ABOVE; He is just annoying and probably single.

I see chumps like you every day. For example, during a queue in traffic, instead of positioning your car in the middle of lane, you inch you car towards the curb, in an attempt to stop me passing.

So I pass you on the outside instead, big deal.

Why do people do that?

The last thing I'd want is a cyclist loosing their balance and falling down the side of my car.

It's not even a decent motor, but there's still no need to get the side all scraped up over some weird traffic dispute.

If the car drivers are being dicks, they deserve to be punished.

This is very one sided though. A few cyclists published footage of bad drivers. Of course they are not going to publish any footage of themselves flouting the laws or cycling in a dangerous manner. With the rise of the car dash-cam, it wont be long before we will start to see footage of cyclists breaking the laws too. But the problem is, these cyclists are untouchable because you cannot identify them.

Until we have parity of accountability on the roads, there will always be animosity towards what other roads users see as fellow users breaking the laws and getting away with it. Its about fairness and when people feel the system is unfair, they will take it upon themselves to exact justice.

But lets be honest here, there are cyclists who are complete dicks too.

You were saying that you would continue to make life difficult - so I'd suggest that you are already driving without consideration and as such you are already committing the offence.

Pm me for my car reg and details. You can then do your duty and report me :)

So would i. Whos done that by the way? Anyone we know?

Ok, so here is why what you said is a threat:

"I will" = intent to do something consciously

"continue" = you've already been doing it

"to make your life difficult and dangerous" = bad thing you are going to do to someone

You haven't qualified what you are going to do or have been doing but what else can we assume then you have been driving or riding in such a way as to make the lives of cyclists difficult (blocking their way?) or dangerous (cutting them up, knocking them off?)

Or you merely saying that by your presence on the road there is an inherent risk to cyclists?

I am saying that isn't true. You would not be a risk or threat to me if you drove considerately and with due care and attention (which I can only assume you dont)

Edited by TimmyR

Ok, so here is why what you said is a threat:

"I will" = intent to do something consciously

"continue" = you've already been doing it

"to make your life difficult and dangerous" = bad thing you are going to do to someone

You haven't qualified what you are going to do or have been doing but what else can we assume then you have been driving or riding in such a way as to make the lives of cyclists difficult (blocking their way?) or dangerous (cutting them up, knocking them off?)

Or you merely saying that by your presence on the road there is an inherent risk to cyclists?

I am saying that isn't true. You would not be a risk to me if you drove considerately and with due care and attention.

Form a line behind obelix and ask me for my details then that will be two reports, Maybe SYP would do something :hihi:

---------- Post added 26-02-2015 at 12:20 ----------

Just post it here so we know which car is likely to be driven by a plonker and we can avoid it.

Ive got my privacy to consider.

He's not a "vigilante" as he's not bringing the prosecutions himself, but alerting the authorities to the actions of the miscreants.

(As it behooves each and every one of her most britannic majesty's loyal subjects, so we can continue to live in the peace and prosperity afforded to us in this most blessèd of realms)

Who else do you think i mean :hihi:

You ride on the road mate and ill continue to make your life difficult and dangerous :)

And hopefully you'll be video'd and banned from driving then.

---------- Post added 26-02-2015 at 12:50 ----------

Where was the threat idle or otherwise?

Right here

You ride on the road mate and ill continue to make your life difficult and dangerous :)

Do you have a split personality perhaps?

---------- Post added 26-02-2015 at 12:54 ----------

Yes i did.

By having the nerve to use the same road as a chip laden cyclist. Thats all us motorists have to do to be in the wrong in some peoples eyes. Usually cyclists eyes. When these same clowns (like the one making the vids) ride the way they do and then complain about everyone else well it just makes them look like clowns.The more clowns come along and praise him for his rabble rousing and agro causing. One day he will be road kill and it will be his own doing.

:)

So you've changed your mind, and you won't do anything apart from driving safely and courteously, but you believe that some cyclists find that this makes there life more difficult?

Are you sure you're actually old enough to drive?