Vigilante Cyclist. Is he the most hated man?

Is he right to do this?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Is he right to do this?

• YES; He is doing a good job, and should be commended.
    • NO; He is just being a pillock and probably jumps red lights when no-one is looking.
    • NONE OF THE ABOVE; He is just annoying and probably single.

Not quite right. He does more than just mount a camera. he specifically goes out to catch people committing crimes so he's a vigilante. I've been cycling to work for years and I can only think of a handful of situations where I could really have benefited from camera footage as evidence. This guy has reported loads of people. i wonder how much he antagonises people leading them to behave aggressively. The large percentage of people in cars are courteous.

Where does it say that he specifically goes out to catch people...

It doesn't, does it?

It says that he has the camera to record such incidents, but on his commute, not that he "specifically goes out to" i.e. rides around patrolling

Nice to see some common sense prevailing for once. Riding on the pavement is perfectly safe and for some a better option than the road..

Unless of you are some poor sod who is inconsiderate enough to be actually WALKING on the pavement? So if cars can use the roads cyclists can use the roads AND footpaths, where do pedestrians go to be safe? I know, they stay at home!!

Been some time since we had a cycle bashing thread. We've had a couple on bad driving (started by other motorists as it happens). I reckon the cycle bashers are needing their fix

BTW the poll put is crap. Why? cos its biased ... option 2 has "probably jumps red lights" and option 3 implies he's single. None of these keep the poll clean with objective alternatives. Why not put in that he's probably a closet neo-Nazi with paedophilic tendencies and juice it up a bit more.

Shouldn't you be putting effort into doing your school homework instead of drinking and writing drivel?

And hopefully you'll be video'd and banned from driving then.

---------- Post added 26-02-2015 at 12:50 ----------

Right here

Do you have a split personality perhaps?

---------- Post added 26-02-2015 at 12:54 ----------

So you've changed your mind, and you won't do anything apart from driving safely and courteously, but you believe that some cyclists find that this makes there life more difficult?

Are you sure you're actually old enough to drive?

You must have missed or rather ignored post 61 then? :hihi:

Unless of you are some poor sod who is inconsiderate enough to be actually WALKING on the pavement? So if cars can use the roads cyclists can use the roads AND footpaths, where do pedestrians go to be safe? I know, they stay at home!!

I don't consider cycling on pavements is any risk to pedestrians so pedestrians can go on the pavements to be safe. There's plenty of risk of being knocked down by a car when walking on a pavement. The council (or someone) has deemed that shared cycle/footways are safe why not just make all pavements shared use?

---------- Post added 26-02-2015 at 13:51 ----------

Form a line behind obelix and ask me for my details then that will be two reports, Maybe SYP would do something :hihi:

So you're admitting that you are going to threaten (or worse) cyclists then? And if you do and we report it then yes the SYP will do something.

Edited by TimmyR

Where does it say that he specifically goes out to catch people...

It doesn't, does it?

It says that he has the camera to record such incidents, but on his commute, not that he "specifically goes out to" i.e. rides around patrolling

actually you're right he doesn't. Your original post is correct, it is wrong to call him a vigilante.

---------- Post added 26-02-2015 at 13:57 ----------

Am i? Where?

I actually think you're just threatening people on a forum to entice a reaction, when in fact in your car (or whatever vehicle) you may just mutter under your breath and not dare to do anything...

Of course I'd prefer that than you making my "life difficult and dangerous" as was your original and very clear threat

Edited by TimmyR

actually you're right he doesn't. Your original post is correct, it is wrong to call him a vigilante.

---------- Post added 26-02-2015 at 13:57 ----------

I actually think you're just threatening people on a forum to entice a reaction, when in fact in your car (or whatever vehicle) you may just mutter under your breath and not dare to do anything...

Of course I'd prefer that than you making my "life difficult and dangerous" as was your original and very clear threat

Awwww. Is nasty man int tinternet making you want to cwy? :thumbsup: