Near miss - St Marys Gate Roundabout - 26/02

This morning around 8am, i was going around St Marys Gate Roundabout having entered from the St Marys Road entrance. I was driving a black Vauxhall Astra

For some reason unbeknown to me, a car pulled out from the St Marys Gate entrance while I was indicating to turn off on Eyre Street.

Cue hard braking and skidding to avoid an accident. Then the idiot proceeded to give me the middle finger and drive off.

So if anyone witnessed this and got the car registration of the car, please can you DM me.

Or if by any chance you were the person that was driving the car, may I strongly suggest you get a copy of the Highway Code or maybe even retake your test before getting in a car again.

It wasnt a vauxhaul (not sure of the model) estate was it?

---------- Post added 26-02-2015 at 09:36 ----------

Sadly, the world is full of idiot drivers, who think they own the road. Hope it didn't shake you up too much.

Like the BMW driver who turned right ignoring a no right turn sign onto Saville street making me slam the brakes on hard and take evasive action. He then booted it through red lights past Tesco. :loopy:

I wonder if it was same idiot who was behind me on Saturday while I was waiting at the Cherry St/Bramall lane junction. Despite not being safe to go for ages the chuff kept beeping their horn. I don't know if he thought my car was able to go into fly mode across the junction. I took great delight in ignoring him until it was safe.

Have you just started driving ?

Stuff like this happens on a daily basis and is not even worth mentioning to your husband/wife let alone writing it on a forum.

I can guarantee you have pulled out on someone before (granted not stuck your middle finger up at them) but it is all part of driving. Nobody is a perfect driver.

I would suggest just counting yourself lucky you didn't actually crash and then just moving on and forgetting about it. No point letting it ruin your day when no accident actually took place and just be happy that you don't conduct yourself in the way the other driver did.

Have you just started driving ?

Stuff like this happens on a daily basis and is not even worth mentioning to your husband/wife let alone writing it on a forum.

I can guarantee you have pulled out on someone before (granted not stuck your middle finger up at them) but it is all part of driving. Nobody is a perfect driver.

I would suggest just counting yourself lucky you didn't actually crash and then just moving on and forgetting about it. No point letting it ruin your day when no accident actually took place and just be happy that you don't conduct yourself in the way the other driver did.

Too true, even more so if your a cyclist, just this last week four drivers have either turned left without indication and nearly wiped me out. or have just been waiting to turn right from a road junction, then even though they saw me just pulled out straight in front of me. causing me to brake hard and swerve into oncoming traffic.

Its an every day occurrence, stupid, blind, car drivers!!!:rant::rant:

It wasnt a vauxhaul (not sure of the model) estate was it?

---------- Post added 26-02-2015 at 09:36 ----------

Like the BMW driver who turned right ignoring a no right turn sign onto Saville street making me slam the brakes on hard and take evasive action. He then booted it through red lights past Tesco. :loopy:

Maybe you should not have been driving too close!

I witnessed a road rage incident this afternoon...... in the grounds of the Northern General Hospital !

Horns blaring - the lot ! A woman (shan't call her a lady judging by her language) got out of first car and started shouting at second car !

If it wasn't such an inappropriate place for such behaviour it would have been amusing.