Help, my car has a 'Anti Pollution Fault'!!

Thanks, will do.

Guess it just seems a bit of a waste of fuel to drive it without any destination in mind!

Ten quid of fuel or several hundred pound repair bill.

Your choice mate.

---------- Post added 27-02-2015 at 12:00 ----------

I see people have been blaming the DPF. I wouldn't expect to find a DPF on a 1.4 diesel engine that these cars generally have.

Although the OP never did state, they did say:

Just been up and down the M1 too, with some premium unleaded in.

---------- Post added 27-02-2015 at 12:01 ----------

Do petrol Catalysts regenerate like a DPF will, or is it more a sign of a Cat on it's last legs??

Edited by geared

It all depends on the age of the car, mileage, and what sort of driving life its done, and if its the original CAT, or a good quality replacement or a cheap replacement.

Diagnostics are much more than sticking on a code reader and guessing at the fault. Live reading of values at the upstream and downstream O2 sensors, and the OP filling in the blanks about the car's history will help pinpoint the fault.

Sadly many places just read the code and throw parts at the problem. And if that doesn't work, throw more parts, all at the customer's expense and preying on their technical ignorance.

• 4 months later...

anti pollution fault warning is usually caused by one of the following on a diesel 1007, differential pressure sensor, eolys fluid low. fap blocked. take it off , and map it out end of problems.

on a 1007 pug , 1400 hdi via obdii, 1600 hdi ecu must come out and be reflashed.

Edited by remapper

It that ethical though? Sure, it circumvents the MOT, but does it expel more polutants in to the enviromnent?

I think you would need to ask every company across the uk that offers the service. It was circumvented even before the new mot directive in the link, only difference was the dpf was physically removed now it isnt.