Bus Fare changes on firstbus

Guest busdriver1
sorry bus fares go up above inflation notice like energy they hardly ever come down fuel is bought in bulk so they cant make this excuse to say its fuel costs first always make excuses

And nowhere in the announcement do they cite fuel costs as a factor.

Blatently above the official rate of inflation. £1.30 fare going up 8% to £1.40.

Fuel has been down in price for a wee whlie but no reducution in fares when that happened.

Whilst, like many sensible people, I do not accept the gvrnnt official inflation rate and I firmly believe inflation is running at over 10% presently, for any MPs to allow a bus company to bring in a price hike which is above the official inflation rate without even a comment just shows how little they are in touch with real life.

There are staff wages to pay - and not just drivers, there are cleaners, engineers, schedulers, office staff etc - all who will expect an annual pay rise in line with the rising cost of living...

And have any of them actually received a pay rise? I expect an annual pay rise too but I haven't seen one in 6 years and from what I gather a lot of other people in Sheffield are in the same boat.

Blatently above the official rate of inflation. £1.30 fare going up 8% to £1.40.

Fuel has been down in price for a wee whlie but no reducution in fares when that happened.

Whilst, like many sensible people, I do not accept the gvrnnt official inflation rate and I firmly believe inflation is running at over 10% presently, for any MPs to allow a bus company to bring in a price hike which is above the official inflation rate without even a comment just shows how little they are in touch with real life.

It is not just the inflation rates, the employment rates and many other rates are fiddled to the moon by a government that lies intentionally frequently.

First rates should not be allowed to increase in the present economy.

It is not just the inflation rates, the employment rates and many other rates are fiddled to the moon by a government that lies intentionally frequently.

First rates should not be allowed to increase in the present economy.

Sorry, dutch - First are a commercial organisation, not a nationalised/public one, they and they alone decide what to charge. As do Stagecoach, TM Travel or any operator running a bus route.

They're a private company, why should they have to disclose their running costs? Do you want to post your household expenditure on here in the name of "transparency"?

Therein lies the problem. Local buses should be a service, not a business

---------- Post added 01-03-2015 at 09:59 ----------

And nowhere in the announcement do they cite fuel costs as a factor.

But they have done so in the past. They can't this time obviously. These increases are to boost profits. If they had any honesty or integrity , prices would have come down in line with the plunging fuel price

Sorry, dutch - First are a commercial organisation, not a nationalised/public one, they and they alone decide what to charge. As do Stagecoach, TM Travel or any operator running a bus route.

No need to be sorry.

I have driven most of my life and now don't have a free choice anymore and "HAVE" to take the bus because of my health.

Could walk of coarse or take a taxi but at least have a medical bus pass.

We used to enjoy using public transport in Toronto new York or Amsterdam.

Also enjoy it in Sheffield but it is the slowest of them and certainly tries to charge the most for it.

Being a commercial organisation providing a service to the public does not give you the right to use that position of power to increase fees in an environment were wages are not increasing and inflation is extremely low or even negative as in the oil prices.