Bus Fare changes on firstbus

Hi i was wondering if someone can help me here

If i purchase "First Week Sheffield £12.50" - could i still use this pass on Stagecoach bus such as 52.

Its the only bus i use to go to work.

Thanks.

Yes. First and Stagecoach weekly passes can be used on each other's services, but ONLY on the 52 and 120 routes.

Hi i was wondering if someone can help me here

If i purchase "First Week Sheffield £12.50" - could i still use this pass on Stagecoach bus such as 52.

Its the only bus i use to go to work.

Thanks.

Yes, First week is valid on all the old optio routes, just as it has been over the past few years. However, some stagecoach drivers are not accepting them until their fares go up in a couple of weeks, even though First accept them as normal. I had quite a few passengers on the 120 yesterday complaining that they were refused travel on Stagecoach with the First weekly (£12.50) pass, saying they were not able to accept them until Stagecoach put up their fares. This seem unfair, as many purchased tickets within the last week, paying £12, so should be valid.

This happens every year, and Stagecoach always put up their fares 2 weeks after First, seems like they wait for the fuss about rises to subside then sneak theirs up, so First get all the flack

Stagecoach have announced their fares change from 12th April

https://www.stagecoachbus.com/tis-service-update-details.aspx?id=5102

Adult Single / Adult Return - most increased by 10p

Sheffield Dayrider - The Bus & Tram Dayrider has been reduced to £3.90, the bus only Dayrider is withdrawn. Therefore all Stagecoach Sheffield Dayrider tickets will be valid on both bus & tram. From this date the Bus & Tram Dayrider will also be accepted by First on the joint Optio services 42,44,52 and 120.

Sheffield Bus Only Weekly Megarider - increased by 50p to £12.50. For monthly or longer see link above.

Sheffield Bus & Tram Weekly Megarider - frozen at £13.50. Monthly and longer versions also frozen in price.

Sheffield Weekly Megarider Plus (includes Chesterfield) - increased by 50p to £15.50. For monthly and longer see link above.

Weekly Megarider Gold (includes South Yorks, West Yorks, Derbys & Notts) - frozen at £19.50. For monthly and longer see link above.

Stagecoach Day Explorer (includes South Yorks, West Yorks, Derbys & Notts) - frozen at £5.80

South & West Yorkshire Bus & Tram Family Dayrider - increased by 50p to £9

Child Dayrider - range simplified and all valid on both bus and tram - £2 per day for South Yorkshire, £3 per day for South & West Yorkshire.

Child Bus & Tram Megarider - now valid across South Yorkshire, not just Sheffield. No change in price.

Edited by Andy C

I think the Stagecoach monthly bus @ £42 about a tenner a week is pretty good value and its not going up.

Seem to remember a similar ticket was the same price or maybe more expensive a decade ago.