Would you like to Sleep out at Bramall Lane for charity?

Alison Lydon

Would you like to take part in a unique and exciting event at Bramall Lane?

The Blades and Sheffield United Community Foundation are excited to be hosting an event for up to 500 of Sheffield United’s toughest supporters, all in the name of charity.

We are asking you to register to experience sleeping rough for a night inside Bramall Lane. Swap your bed for a seat in row zzzzzz or cosy up in front of the stands. You might even sleep on the concourse for the night, all to raise money for two very important local charities.

The event is taking place on Friday 10th April 2015 from 8pm to 7am the following day. There will be entertainment, the opportunity to meet special guests from the sporting world and hot drinks to keep your warm!

Tell your friends, family and colleagues to donate and support you in your unique challenge, knowing that every penny you raise will help Roundabout, your local youth housing charity and St Wilfrid's Centre for homeless and vulnerable adults, to support those who need it most.

For more information, or to register for the event, please go to the Sheffield United community foundation website and search for 'Sleepout United' in the recent news section.

If you would like to know more please contact Alison at Roundabout (alydon@roundaboutltd.org) or call 0114 253 6795

• 2 weeks later...

I will stop for the night, as long as I can bring along a few choice items, landmines, claymores and a big fat marker.

Juvenile yes, but I enjoyed posring.

In all serious, if someone pledged enough I would do it, but I hope that shedloads of cash is raised for good causes, well done to all concerned and involved.

If enough of the forum crowd were up for it we could - I would want to know the loo situation though - Roundabout is a great cause but I wouldn't want to p in a bucket - sorry - other than that - why don't we do something positive?

All the above would be a huge positive, especially after one of the original recipients (St Wilfrids) had the doors stolen from their minibus and the rest of the windows were caved in for no other reason than the perpetrators being morons.

I couldn't participate but I would be in awe of anyone accepting the challenge.

Perhaps Cloughy should make the players sleep out, Tony Toms style.

Yes Jim ,Tony Toms ex Commando and Owls trainer under Len Ashurst.

He was a no nonsense trainer who took the players up on to the moors in midwinter

to toughen them up.

He also was known as the" Sausage Machine".

He was the author of 2 books "The Sausage Machine" and "Commando 7" Owl.