ISIS destroy 3000 year old treasures in Mosul Museum

Yup, that's the one. Wasn't it supposed to mean, against western education, or something like that? If that's true, then isn't it somewhat hypocritical for them to utilise technology that only exists because of 'western education' (science, I guess)?

I may be wrong but I think it is only women they don't want educating.

How so? Do you not think they'd be a hell of a lot more dangerous, if they had reason and more intelligence, and could for example build their own weapons?

---------- Post added 26-02-2015 at 22:24 ----------

Yup, that's the one. Wasn't it supposed to mean, against western education, or something like that? If that's true, then isn't it somewhat hypocritical for them to utilise technology that only exists because of 'western education' (science, I guess)?

Mostly based on the foundations that were laid by the Muslims in the 9th and 10th centuries... if it wasn't for the basic research that was done by them the Renaissance would never have happened.

Mostly based on the foundations that were laid by the Muslims in the 9th and 10th centuries... if it wasn't for the basic research that was done by them the Renaissance would never have happened.

I agree with you that some of the early Muslims were great scientists and mathematicians, but the current fundamentalists such as ISIS regard those people as not true Muslims. They deny all the early Islamic science and want to go back to the time when Mohammed lived.

This article explains it very well, but it's quite long -

http://www.theatlantic.com/features/archive/2015/02/what-isis-really-wants/384980/

I agree with you that some of the early Muslims were great scientists and mathematicians, but the current fundamentalists such as ISIS regard those people as not true Muslims. They deny all the early Islamic science and want to go back to the time when Mohammed lived.

This article explains it very well, but it's quite long -

http://www.theatlantic.com/features/archive/2015/02/what-isis-really-wants/384980/

I think that's what many Muslims on here argue, yet get lumbered with the ISIS fundamentalist stick as one simply because of the term Muslim.

That's the irony, what happened to them? I was reading about Mehmet 2nd (the Ottoman leader who conquered Constantinople) one of the first things he did was pay an Italian artist to decorate his new palace with statues, paintings of the human form and a bit of risqué stuff as well, His son was Selim the Sot so called because he liked a drink.

When and why did things change in this peculiar belief system.