£6.72 better off working

http://www.entitledto.co.uk/benefits-calculator/results/Your_Calculation_Results.aspx?sid=4&cid=5358d948-ddf1-4418-8b83-ec974b920ba0&idk=3839ef82-e5df-4f79-bfd7-41b152fe2a61

According to the above web site, I am £6.72 per week, better off working, than not working.

I wonder what they take into account? I work 36 hours.

I am sure its not worth it, in monetary terms.

Hi perhaps not a great deal in monetary terms. However, it is said that it is easier to get another job when you're in work than when you're out of work. Plus the fact that having work gives structure to your day....

I'm probably in a similar position to you, I only work part time in my job, due to health reasons. However, I know from hearing horror stories about how some job centre staff treat the unemployed, I would rather be in work, and looking for something else.

How long have you been with your current employers?

How long have you been with your current employers?

I have been in the same job for around 7 years, I guess I just need to make the system work better for me. Get my free NHS glasses, and things like that.

I didnt realise that you could get free glasses untill a struggleing single mother told me.

http://www.entitledto.co.uk/benefits-calculator/results/Your_Calculation_Results.aspx?sid=4&cid=5358d948-ddf1-4418-8b83-ec974b920ba0&idk=3839ef82-e5df-4f79-bfd7-41b152fe2a61

According to the above web site, I am £6.72 per week, better off working, than not working.

I wonder what they take into account? I work 36 hours.

I am sure its not worth it, in monetary terms.

What about travel fares to and from work, was that taken into account?

Also, how much money would you save on heating bills if you weren't at home all day.

Edited by poppet2

What about travel fares to and from work, was that taken into account?

Also, how much money would save on heating bills if you stayed home.

I dont have any travel to work costs, but I would be able to save money by fixing my own car, if I didnt work.