£6.72 better off working

Why would you save on heating bills by staying at home?

Probably he wouldn't be using the heating as much, I'm guessing

---------- Post added 26-02-2015 at 21:37 ----------

I have been in the same job for around 7 years, I guess I just need to make the system work better for me. Get my free NHS glasses, and things like that.

I didnt realise that you could get free glasses untill a struggleing single mother told me.

I don't think you have to pay for prescriptions either. I know that I've got to pay £16 per month for mine.

It is very unfair though that the benefits system penalises the low paid.... There must be millions like you and me who aren't much better off working, in spite of the rhetoric about helping "hard working families" (though in my case I don't have any kids, thankfully)!

Poorly paid working people should be paid more. As people at the top end of the pay scale's salaries have gone stratospheric, the poorly paid have got left way behind. Top salaries should be capped and low salaries increased until they come into line again.

Poorly paid working people should be paid more. As people at the top end of the pay scale's salaries have gone stratospheric, the poorly paid have got left way behind. Top salaries should be capped and low salaries increased until they come into line again.

Inline with what though? I`m guessing you don`t mean inline with top salaries?

This low hours working situation seems to be a big problem though. People are making the effort to go to work and presumably cannot get enough hours to make it vastly better than being on benefits. Then we hear about the job centre hounding them to either find more hours or work 2 jobs. It` must be a stressful situation for these people who are putting the effort in and trying.

Inline with what though? I`m guessing you don`t mean inline with top salaries?

This low hours working situation seems to be a big problem though. People are making the effort to go to work and presumably cannot get enough hours to make it vastly better than being on benefits. Then we hear about the job centre hounding them to either find more hours or work 2 jobs. It` must be a stressful situation for these people who are putting the effort in and trying.

CEOs used to get about 20-23 x the average workers salary.

Now, according to http://www.forbes.com, CEOs get 371 x the average workers salary, and 774 x a worker on minimum wage.

This is largely because CEOs have been free to vote themselves ridiculous pay rises.

We have to get back nearer to the 20-23 ratio either by reducing the CEOs salaries or raising the workers salaries.

I agree with the second part of your post.

CEOs used to get about 20-23 x the average workers salary.

Now, according to http://www.forbes.com, CEOs get 371 x the average workers salary, and 774 x a worker on minimum wage.

This is largely because CEOs have been free to vote themselves ridiculous pay rises.

We have to get back nearer to the 20-23 ratio either by reducing the CEOs salaries or raising the workers salaries.

I agree with the second part of your post.

The MPs are just the same. They were on about 66K and they voted themselves a pay rise taking it to around £74k I believe it was. How many working class people decide amongst themselves how much they want then take a vote on it.

It says I am -20.19 worse off working

And that doesn't take into account travel costs !

But then again, it says I could get over £312 per week on benefits, I can't see that being right either.

Quite demoralizing !

Where are you getting this information?

The MPs are just the same. They were on about 66K and they voted themselves a pay rise taking it to around £74k I believe it was. How many working class people decide amongst themselves how much they want then take a vote on it.

MPs don't decide how much they'll get...it's decided by IPSA..