£6.72 better off working

http://www.entitledto.co.uk/benefits-calculator/results/Your_Calculation_Results.aspx?sid=4&cid=5358d948-ddf1-4418-8b83-ec974b920ba0&idk=3839ef82-e5df-4f79-bfd7-41b152fe2a61

According to the above web site, I am £6.72 per week, better off working, than not working.

I wonder what they take into account? I work 36 hours.

I am sure its not worth it, in monetary terms.

Two options:

1) Don't work, plenty of people choose to live off benefits. It's always a choice.

2) Or get a better paid job. Why are you stuck with one employee earning what you earn? we live in a free world with freedom to go anywhere or do anything our minds can comprehend.

Or just accept the fact most jobs are exploitation on some level but we all have to do something and contribute to society.

What you worrying about?

---------- Post added 27-02-2015 at 11:41 ----------

Hi El Cid, have you gained/are you gaining any transferable skills in your time at work? Keep looking and jump ship to a better post when you have the chance. Also have a look at http://www.futurelearn.com and see if you can gain any skills from there.

Nah people would rather spend their time on here moaning about how badly they are treated by workplace, or waiting for hand-outs from the state, instead of working on skills, employability and earning potential.

When I was a teenager, Master Cutler said you become competent in 1 year, good in 3 years, an expert in 5 years - working just an hour or more everyday on something you love.

But how bad do you want to free yourself from emancipation? that's the question....

Two options:

1) Don't work, plenty of people choose to live off benefits. It's always a choice.

2) Or get a better paid job. Why are you stuck with one employee earning what you earn? we live in a free world with freedom to go anywhere or do anything our minds can comprehend.

Or just accept the fact most jobs are exploitation on some level but we all have to do something and contribute to society.

What you worrying about

I`m not sure how I feel about that:huh:

I can see where you`re coming from with factory type work,production lines & maybe call centres etc.

If we look at self employed tradesmen-say brickies, plumbers. electrician, joiners, car mechanics, does it become the customer that is exploited?

I didn`t feel exploited working on production, and was greatful to have a job that paid ok, even though the hours were often unsociable. I preferred it to a 9-5.

Hi El Cid, have you gained/are you gaining any transferable skills in your time at work? Keep looking and jump ship to a better post when you have the chance. Also have a look at http://www.futurelearn.com and see if you can gain any skills from there.

Thank you for posting this link. I got made redundant last year and am struggling to find a new job. Several of the courses on there could really boost my skills and my CV.

Thank you for posting this link. I got made redundant last year and am struggling to find a new job. Several of the courses on there could really boost my skills and my CV.

Sorry to hear you lost your job, Futurelearn is one of several online learning initiatives that could be really beneficial to you, if you want to know some others feel free to get in touch.

I`m not sure how I feel about that:huh:

I can see where you`re coming from with factory type work,production lines & maybe call centres etc.

If we look at self employed tradesmen-say brickies, plumbers. electrician, joiners, car mechanics, does it become the customer that is exploited?

I didn`t feel exploited working on production, and was greatful to have a job that paid ok, even though the hours were often unsociable. I preferred it to a 9-5.

If you value output and what you get paid, then look at the difference. It could be viewed as exploitation.

Hi El Cid, just clicked on the link and it came up with personal detail of income/rent etc. not sure if they are yours, but thought you might like the opportunity to delete them if needs be!

I just tried it, not my info, thanks.

The problem is with all of this clap trap is agencies being brought into control jobs. it is rare you see a proper 40 hour a week job advertised now. Why? Because agencies can get 6 people to sign up to same job and make 20% on each of their wages. No contractual rights for the employer, no holiday entitlements, no pension contributions, no N.I contributions.

You could go on and say prescriptions and dental care, oh and your 17 kids in makeupistan.