Turbochargers sticking

Yeh I know what you mean sounds mad doesn't it,but Mr Muscles probably the nastiest thing in the house (sodium hydroxide) and really it does the same job oven or turbo getting rid of carbon,grease,gums ect

As long as it doesn't contact any aluminium I know on VW's the clogged vanes are on the "hot side" of the turbo the cast iron side.

Had a friend who's done this already and he swears by it his car was suffering clogged turbo and going into limp mode,did the Mr Muscle and no more symptoms for the last 7 months plus it restores the turbo power,I'll be doing mine next week so I'll keep you posted

---------- Post added 27-02-2015 at 08:07 ----------

Plus a lot of the turbo cleaner products are sodium hydroxide based just badged up as oven cleaner and ££££££'a slapped on top........the cheek.

---------- Post added 27-02-2015 at 08:11 ----------

Most of the other cleaners are In a spray form that go in via the air intake so by the time it gets to the turbo it has little if any effect the Mr Muscle foam goes straight into the hot side via the egr outlet and foams around over a couple of hours

Edited by CooLDAD

I did mine last summer and did a run to Perth and back with no problem, although the symptoms can return eventually. I also made a rod with a slotted end so I could feed it down the back of the engine and pump the turbo actuating rod which is fortunately in a vertical position.

You can buy an equivalent Mr Muscle from B&M for 99p.

The plastic pipe needs about 8.5" feeding into the turbo so it reaches the bottom of the chamber.

The pipe connection to the aerosol top can be a problem, I replaced the top with a similar fitting which had a small "spout" on it for easy connection.

Hi, I've done a fair bit of reading up on this, but must admit I'm still sceptical about it. Can't get my head round putting a "Household" product in there!

The gunk sticking the turbo vanes is a nice mixture of soot/carbon from the engine and unburnt diesel (which is a light oil).

Mix soot and oil and you get a horrid sticky paste, cover your turbo vanes in it and they start to get jammed.

Run some Forte advanced diesel treatment through the fuel tank, household products are not meant to be used on cars so I wouldn't risk it myself...

There's no reported problems due to the chemical, and there's no aluminium components in the chamber.