Profits Banks vs Energy firms

Lloyds announce quadrupled profits after previously being bailed out by tax payer and also an 11m renumeration package for one if their top guys while banks are paying out pitiful interest on accounts that a lot of elderly rely on to pay their bills including energy bills, yet when the energy companies make a profit ( as companies are supposed to) there is a massive public outcry.

Thoughts?

Lloyds announce quadrupled profits after previously being bailed out by tax payer and also an 11m renumeration package for one if their top guys while banks are paying out pitiful interest on accounts that a lot of elderly rely on to pay their bills including energy bills, yet when the energy companies make a profit ( as companies are supposed to) there is a massive public outcry.

Thoughts?

Do you mean no-one has been complaining about banks? Really? If the tax payer is a part owner of Lloyds then it's good that it's making a profit..isn't it?

Do you mean no-one has been complaining about banks? Really? If the tax payer is a part owner of Lloyds then it's good that it's making a profit..isn't it?

Here's a question (two actually) the tax payer pumped billions into lloyds - how much say has the government had in the running of it and how much money has the tax payer clawed back in profits from it?

Here's a question (two actually) the tax payer pumped billions into lloyds - how much say has the government had in the running of it and how much money has the tax payer clawed back in profits from it?

Given that the government of the day did put money into lloyds isn't it a good thing that it's making a profit and it's share price going up? I've no idea how much input,apart from the cash, the government has in running the bank.. do you?

My main point was the significant difference in reaction to business which through profiteering by contributing to people not being able to pay their energy bills versus a business which makes a profit by selling energy to same people.

Sorry..you'll have to help me out here...I'm not sure I get your point..are you saying that no-one complains about banks or that no-one complains about energy companies..as I see it people complain about them both..all the time..

Given that the government of the day did put money into lloyds isn't it a good thing that it's making a profit and it's share price going up? I've no idea how much input,apart from the cash, the government has in running the bank.. do you?

I've no idea on either - hence the questions (and you appear to know stuff;)).

I'm less bothered about government influence - as you point out what do they know about running a bank. But as they've put in a chunk of money I'd like to see some concrete figures on returns.