I won't sing God Save the Queen, says Morgan

How many SNP candidates do you think there will be in England?

An anti-Monarchy, pro republic party is non existent in England and that's very clear.

While many people may not necessarily feel anything for the Royal family nor sing the national anthem they nevertheless wouldn't support any radical move away from a monarchy

On the other hand the Scots and maybe the Welsh... that's another story

---------- Post added 28-02-2015 at 16:27 ----------

There's nothing unusual about a sports person representing England refusing to sing our national anthem, lots of sports people don't, especially among football players playing for England.

Although having said that, its more then likely that some of them don't sing it because they don't know the words to it.

During FIFA last summer the German manager of the American team did not join in the singing of the German national anthem when the German team came onto the field.

He wasn't being disloyal. Quite rightly he thought it would be inappropriate on this particular occasion

Edited by Harleyman

It would be like us celebrating St Patricks day with a tent on Fargate while at the same time ignoring St Georges day.

Hypocrisy .

Isn't that what we do, more or less.

I don't sing the national anthem because it's sycophantic claptrap and whilst not wishing any harm to our Lizzie, if it was up to me I'd turf the lot of them out of their palaces strip them of their inherited wealth, give the whole them a council flat and let them make their own money.

I would however love Jerusalem to be our anthem, now that I would sing loud and proud.

Plenty of footballers don't do it when they're on international duty.

You only need to watch England Football team and none of them sing it. Wayne Rooney grunts a bit but doesnt sing it. Probably doesnt understand the words. As for his personal reasons. Probably the Irish Extremists would target his family if he did.

Isn't that what we do, more or less.

I don't sing the national anthem because it's sycophantic claptrap and whilst not wishing any harm to our Lizzie, if it was up to me I'd turf the lot of them out of their palaces strip them of their inherited wealth, give the whole them a council flat and let them make their own money.

I would however love Jerusalem to be our anthem, now that I would sing loud and proud.

Sounds like a good idea .Prince Charles could start training as a bricklayer so as to follow up on his interest in building design, Air miles Andy could be found a job sweeping up at Robin Hood airport, Princess Anne would be an ideal candidate to run the Skegness donkey rides, and last but not least Prince Phillip could volunteer to help at the citizens advise centre .

The national anthem should be, We Are The Champions of The World.