I won't sing God Save the Queen, says Morgan

Yes. In fact it is even more of a reason than we are due.

if he chooses to not sing the national anthem, that is up to him. he doesn't/shouldn't have to explain to anyone.

A part of life in the UK is that we are not forced to sing the national anthem. in my opinion that is something we should be proud of and should continue to keep it that way.

Do you think people posting here would be as forgiving to say, if it was Moeen Ali, who captained the team but refused to sing the national anthem?

I thought Debrett was originally a French surname...

... says it all really, that we need a Frenchman to explain British etiquette to us! :(

bloody asylum seekers...

---------- Post added 27-02-2015 at 15:00 ----------

Do you think people posting here would be as forgiving to say, if it was Moeen Ali, who captained the team but refused to sing the national anthem?

I would be. I can't speak for anyone else.

My Grandad tells me that when it was played in the cinema, in his youth, people used to stand up.

Not for me - ta.

I seem to remember it being played for TV closedown (in the days before 24/7 TV)....We always used to stand up for it....Mind you...that was to actually walk over to the TV to switch it off....:hihi:

If anyone refuses to sing the national anthem they should not be representing this country.

Let them represent a country they feel they belong to.

---------- Post added 27-02-2015 at 16:00 ----------

My Grandad tells me that when it was played in the cinema, in his youth, people used to stand up.

Not for me - ta.[/quote

I remember those days too.

Maybe your grandad and I stood up proudly together !