I won't sing God Save the Queen, says Morgan

If you are not loyal to our Queen and Country where do your loyalties lie ?

Why would that be important to you, and why should any loyalty to anything be dependent on a person I have nothing in common with like the Queen?

I do and I have!!!!

But I respect others right to their own views, something that our country has a long tradition of, it's a pity that it's not a tradition that you follow though.

We are relating this to a person representing a country which he will not demonstrate his loyalty to.

If his loyalties lie elsewhere and that is the country he should be representing.

---------- Post added 27-02-2015 at 20:50 ----------

Why would that be important to you, and why should any loyalty to anything be dependent on a person I have nothing in common with like the Queen?

You have omitted your stated lack of loyalty to your country.

The Queen is head of state which you a member of.

We are relating this to a person representing a country which he will not demonstrate his loyalty to.

If his loyalties lie elsewhere and that is the country he should be representing..

He is playing cricket for England, not representing England.

Good job really, because he's Irish.

I'm pleased that he's not just singing the anthem and settling for a quiet life. That shows a certain amount of moral fibre in my opinion. Not surprising as Morgan is a very impressive person.

If his loyalties lie elsewhere and that is the country he should be representing.

If our anthem was about our country, I'd have a degree of sympathy for your view, but it's not. The anthem is about protecting royalty. So it's a political statement as opposed to a statement about our country.

Do you know that during England football internationals God save the Team is sung by a lot of the hardcore England fans? Do you question their loyalty to this country as well?

Don't you think that 'loyalty' is adequately demonstrated by his choice to represent England on a cricket pitch?

You have omitted your stated lack of loyalty to your country.

The Queen is head of state which you a member of.

I'm a subject of the Crown, a title I deny as a republican..my existence has no bearing on royalty. You on the other hand are a subject as well as a servant..now get down stairs and peel the spuds, and while yer at it pull me a can.

If our anthem was about our country, I'd have a degree of sympathy for your view, but it's not. The anthem is about protecting royalty. So it's a political statement as opposed to a statement about our country.

Do you know that during England football internationals God save the Team is sung by a lot of the hardcore England fans? Do you question their loyalty to this country as well?

I understand what you say but the national anthem is recognised as a demonstration of loyalty. It is what it represents perhaps rather than its literal wording. Do not forget the Queen is head of state and therefore represents the state (country).