I won't sing God Save the Queen, says Morgan

harvey's just stubbed his toe on his pitchfork.

It didn't answer the question at all, the response was a blatant dodge. No you're not correct.

Would you mind answering the question now?

You have had a logical response to your question and I will not be drawn into silly games.

Do you think there is anything wrong in asking God to save our gracious Queen etc, ?

---------- Post added 28-02-2015 at 15:03 ----------

Forgive me harvey19, I was unaware you'd been ennobled;)

Boyfriday isn't modesty our byword ?

You have had a logical response to your question and I will not be drawn into silly games.
There's nothing logical about avoiding giving an answer by asking a question of your own instead.

Do you think there is anything wrong in asking God to save our gracious Queen etc, ?

And now you expect me to give an answer to your question? :rolleyes:

I'll not respond like you did, by dodging and asking a question of my own.

If you are someone who isn't a fan of the queen or is without belief in any gods (or both), and you are expected to sing those words with sincerity, of course it's wrong. That person wouldn't mean what they are saying.

That doesn't mean they love their country (or neighbouring countries) any less.

There's nothing logical about avoiding giving an answer by asking a question of your own instead.

And now you expect me to give an answer to your question? :rolleyes:

I'll not respond like you did, by dodging and asking a question of my own.

If you are someone who isn't a fan of the queen or is without belief in any gods (or both), and you are expected to sing those words with sincerity, of course it's wrong. That person wouldn't mean what they are saying.

That doesn't mean they love their country (or neighbouring countries) any less.

What about a person that believes in the Queen but is an agnostic ?

Just the kind of reply I anticipated from you. You're a kind of sad individual. embittered and generally insulting to most people when you post. You don't have to feel any loyalty to the monarchy of course or sing the national anthem... you live in a democracy but you feel loyalty towards nothing at all...frustrated and aimless overall

I'm no psychiatrist but I think your problem is that you need to get some instead of trying to get your rocks off by sounding off with your predictable replies :hihi:

---------- Post added 28-02-2015 at 06:26 ----------

There is the Republican Party which is one of the two main political parties. As a political comparison it is similar in it's political views to your Conservative Party.

I believe our old pal Sklnt views a republican Britain as some kind of nation mainly presided over by a colourless left wing government led by an equally colourless left wing leader. long on promises and short on achievement .

A bit like Francois Hollande of the French Republic who promised to milk the wealthy and after a few short years has managed to reduce the French economy to a near basket case

The word 'Republican' was around long before the American Republican party. It meant, and still does, someone who supports/is part of a republic, or supports the ideals of one.

---------- Post added 28-02-2015 at 15:13 ----------

What about a person that believes in the Queen but is an agnostic ?

Seems like you're the one trying to start a religious debate.

The word 'Republican' was around long before the American Republican party. It meant, and still does, someone who supports/is part of a republic, or supports the ideals of one.

---------- Post added 28-02-2015 at 15:13 ----------

Seems like you're the one trying to start a religious debate.

I do not want to start another religious debate and apologise if I misjudged your initial reply but would be interested in your answer to my last question.

I do not want to start another religious debate and apologise if I misjudged your initial reply but would be interested in your answer to my last question.

Okay, well it depends if they are an agnostic theist or agnostic atheist.

We've had the whole debate about agnosticism not excluding people from either theism or atheism with mjw47, he failed miserably when he sited the inventor of the word 'agnostic' as his source and I highlighted the fact that he (Thomas Huxley) acknowledged he was both an agnostic and an atheist.

Agnostic/gnostic runs alongside atheist/theist, not in place of them.

Here.. http://i.imgur.com/cMFcRJz.png

There's nothing unusual about a sports person representing England refusing to sing our national anthem, lots of sports people don't, especially among football players playing for England.

Although having said that, its more then likely that some of them don't sing it because they don't know the words to it.