Big Boys DO Cry

I don't cry, tears sometimes well up but when I was younger I wondered what I looked like when I was crying so went to look in a mirror - all red and creased with a turned-down mouth

That was enough to put me off

so next time Sol go and find a mirror:hihi:;)

Why does it matter what you look like? :confused: It' not about maintaining an optimal physical appearance.

Could it be a British thing..stiff upper lip, don't look weak thing? Even in both wars women were conditioned into this way of thinking.."don't show emotion" for fear of looking weak.

All rather odd IMO and ironically another form of weakness.

Could it be a British thing..stiff upper lip, don't look weak thing? Even in both wars women were conditioned into this way of thinking.."don't show emotion" for fear of looking weak.

All rather odd IMO and ironically another form of weakness.

I agree, on the whole, but do you not think there is a danger that society is hurtling headlong in the wrong direction as far as 'wearing one's heart on one's sleeve' goes?

I'm thinking of the endless touchy-feely twitter/fb posts which say 'I'm there 4 u hun' and expressing huge amounts of emotion, which would have been considered a bit wet/tasteless by our parents' generation?

Or are we talking about different things?

so next time Sol go and find a mirror:hihi:;)

I'll try and remember that Cress! ;)

---------- Post added 02-03-2015 at 14:19 ----------

I agree, on the whole, but do you not think there is a danger that society is hurtling headlong in the wrong direction as far as 'wearing one's heart on one's sleeve' goes?

Not at all

Everyone's been stuck up their own arse for far too long - stops them being true to themselves and to the people around them

I blame the Victorians mesen :hihi:

My wife and I shed some tears when we had to put our 13 year old dog down.

It was all done wrong. We took the dog to the county pound, told them that she was very sick and left her there in a cage waiting for an employee to come along and do the job.

We should have taken her to a vet and stayed with her while he put her to sleep.

Completely effed up and still a feeling of great sadness to both of us