Work ethics and todays youth

There is this whole debate about immigrants taking (our) jobs from us, yet I very much doubt the majority of early school leavers would do the jobs these so called immigrants choose to do.

When I left school benefits wasn't an option, it should be same now. It disgusts me when ever you see a programme about benefits and a skiprat saying send em back their taking jobs from me. Then stop smoking drugs, robbing neighbours, procreating with anything that moves, wearing gray flannelette trousers round your ankles and actually apply for jobs.

I grew up where it was good to work, nowadays it's good to be on Jeremy Kyle..

I very much doubt that. specially in Sheffield. More like a quarter have kids within a year, a quarter go to prison, an eighth go's onto further education, another eighth does go onto further education and the last quarter does anything beyond their lies to avoid work in anyway what so ever.

I very much doubt that. specially in Sheffield. More like a quarter have kids within a year, a quarter go to prison, an eighth go's onto further education, another eighth does go onto further education and the last quarter does anything beyond their lies to avoid work in anyway what so ever.

I think you're just plucking out numbers out of your hat.

I think you're just plucking out numbers out of your hat.

I do not wear a hat and yes I do a random guess as do every poll that's been conducted. Based on fiction/nonfiction guesses and social media polls. I unfortunately cannot give you precise figures as I and the political parties have NOT asked every living person in Sheffield.

So I will hold on to the perception that I am right based on what I witness.

Thanks for your input though.

Their's no point in going out to work 6/7 days a week to be skint, it's demoralizing and leaves you asking what's the point. ie, you lose interest.

I got fed up of going hungry when covering everything else, I did what I was supposed to do, and it still did not pay off.

I regularly interview for job's, where it's usually the company owner interviewing me, Before I go to the interview I research the company, I want to know how long the companies been going, and are they Growing, Stagnating, or making a loss, I also find out where they stand financially.

My most recent interviewer was sat across from me crying Poverty and he only takes home NMW, so that's all he can afford to pay his employee's.

But because I've done my research, I know he's sat on four and a half mill personally, and has other assets bring in money.

So what he's really doing is paying himself in dividends to avoid tax.

When you point this out to them, They get shirty and generally go red in the face, I've even had an interviewer Leave the room for ten mins.

Vast majority of interviews are like this for me, So because I use my intelligence I don't get the Job.

This appears to be a constant theme.

Something needs to be put in place to prevent employers doing this and be made to spread their wealth more fairly. it's no good relying on them to do the right thing, as this does not exist anymore.

Staff retention and their investment should be at the forefront of their thinking.

Make the wages four times what you get of the dole, and no one will see it as a life choice. I don't believe anyone want's to be skint by choice.

Edited by Jace
spillchuck

Their's no point in going out to work 6/7 days a week to be skint, it's demoralizing and leaves you asking what's the point. ie, you lose interest.

I got fed up of going hungry when covering everything else, I did what I was supposed to do, and it still did not pay off.

I regularly interview for job's, where it's usually the company owner interviewing me, Before I go to the interview I research the company, I want to know how long the companies been going, and are they Growing, Stagnating, or making a loss, I also find out where they stand financially.

My most recent interviewer was sat across from me crying Poverty and he only takes home NMW, so that's all he can afford to pay his employee's.

But because I've done my research, I know he's sat on four and a half mill personally, and has other assets bring in money.

So what he's really doing is paying himself in dividends to avoid tax.

When you point this out to them, They get shirty and generally go red in the face, I've even had an interviewer Leave the room for ten mins.

Vast majority of interviews are like this for me, So because I use my intelligence I don't get the Job.

This appears to be a constant theme.

Something needs to be put in place to prevent employers doing this and be made to spread their wealth more fairly. it's no good relying on them to do the right thing, as this does not exist anymore.

Staff retention and their investment should be at the forefront of their thinking.

Make the wages four times what you get of the dole, and no one will see it as a life choice. I don't believe anyone want's to be skint by choice.

This is all spot-on. The NMW is a joke and employers claiming poverty is insulting.

Many employers just havent cottoned on that paying peanuts gets monkeys, and like you say many do not care because they make bank.

The only way to get rich is to work for yourself in some capacity. Even when you earn more, you have to work long hours and you get taxed to the hilt. Its hard to make work pay. Wages havent kept paced with the COL.

T

If you are so intelligent then start your own business and employ your own staff.

---------- Post added 28-02-2015 at 13:11 ----------

This is all spot-on. The NMW is a joke and employers claiming poverty is insulting.

Running a business is a very complicated matter. You have to look at the job and pay appropriately. Even if the business is doing well one year, the following it may not perform as well, and no a healthy reserve has to be created.

If you are so intelligent then start your own business and employ your own staff.

---------- Post added 28-02-2015 at 13:11 ----------

Running a business is a very complicated matter. You have to look at the job and pay appropriately. Even if the business is doing well one year, the following it may not perform as well, and no a healthy reserve has to be created.

I see what you say about market rates, creating a cash surplus etc. What im saying is those market rates can be derisory. I certainly wouldnt work for 6.50 per hour in the UK and never employed anyone on that.

Even my Indian workers earn more.

Some bigger shops for instance pay rubbish yet make loads of profit for shareholders. Something wrong there. Why not give workers a cut of the profit like John Lewis. They dont exploit workers and do alright.

---------- Post added 28-02-2015 at 13:26 ----------

What bothers me most and what Jace was on about is when you have big shot MD's in big new cars claiming poverty and paying workers who are making them money min wage.

Like he said he sat down with those owners, questioned them about their financial position and they couldnt answer straight.

Like he said he sat down with those owners, questioned them about their financial position and they couldnt answer straight.

And that is why they didn't get the job. They wanted a worker, not financial advice and a lecture.

Bosses driving in flash car one year can be catching the bus the next year.