Work ethics and todays youth

I call shenanigans. Who has ever had an interview where they question the interviewers personal finances?

Then make the interviewer so agitated that they had to leave the room for 10 minutes, then complain when they don't get the job!

---------- Post added 28-02-2015 at 16:00 ----------

Knowing where you are in 10 years is a strong incentive.

We live in an aspirational society, so most people want to have bettered themselves on those ten years. Nicer house and car, start a family/have a bigger family.

He wasn't agitated, he was embarrassed, the interview was conducted by him and his wife, he left his wife just sat there smirking, all very friendly, she said she was glad that I had pulled him up on the question of finances, as when staff find out about his dishonesty, they normally leave, which is a false economy and wasted investment in my book.

It's never going to end well if your dishonest from the gt go.

As far as I'm concerned it's my business its my hard work and dedication and brains that have built my business up..no one gave me anything so if I want a nice car and some nice holidays out of it I feel I'm entitled to it..my staff know how much have I always say its my business I'm the boss I pay the bills and your wages and take all the flake when you screw up,Its not all wonderful running a business,what a lot of people don't understand is a job only pays what you can get out of the customers,take your overheads and running costs out and sometimes you are not making a lot.surprising how many things eat away at your profits rates water rates electricity gas then there's the cost of vans and insurance and diesel,repairs and replacement of worn out parts tools,crazy when you think of the amount of money going out of the business..funny how when we have a bad few weeks business they still get their bit. I can't turn to someone for a handout.if someone come to me for interview and asked about my finances,I would say I wish I had a nice steady little job with a regular pay slip like I'm offering you...I would like to set a young person on but I need workers with experience who can do the job and hit the ground running,the last government had a good scheme going where they gave me a young person on a sort of trial base they gave me a bit of money for them to help with their training for a few months.I thought it was a good scheme at the time I managed to recruit and train a couple of decent lads from that scheme.

I'm not saying Business owners aren't entitled to nice things, ie the trappings of hard work, and as I've had a hand in getting new bushiness of the ground, I certainly can appreciate the hard work and stresses involved. I've Never asked a business owner about there finances, as I have this information in hand before going in, for warned is for armed and all that.

I'm not expecting Banker style Bonuses, All I want is a fair reward for the hard work I put in.

I'm not expecting Banker style Bonuses, All I want is a fair reward for the hard work I put in.

Your reward is that you get to go home each day and switch off from work.

Business owners live their business 24/7, and as such they get the rewards.

Small businesses will often put on a Christmas party, or maybe throw in a bottle of wine, but if you are expecting a John Lewis style employee pay out then you are maybe a little bit deluded.

I didn't really get to switch off to be honest, you build relationships with customers and work colleges, and at the back of your mind your over evaluating, getting everything right, and would it have been better to go this way.

I tend to take it personally, weather it's my business or not, if people are relying on me.

I didn't really get to switch off to be honest, you build relationships with customers and work colleges, and at the back of your mind your over evaluating, getting everything right, and would it have been better to go this way.

I tend to take it personally, weather it's my business or not, if people are relying on me.

Then you might as well set up on your own and get the rewards for it. I read that lloyds are pretty good for startup loans.