Annoying things that car drivers do!

And a middle way that believes that cars using the right hand lane of the slip road are heading straight across to Prince of Wales Rd,or turning right,and those in the left hand lane are joining the queue to turn left towards Mosborough.

All I am saying is that people have different perceptions.

Traffic merges or alternates quite happily on many dual carriageways and junctions,but this stretch of road needs signs.

That has nothing to do with the merge in turn that we're talking about though, so not a middle way at all

Annoying things that we car drivers do, that we can stop doing and reduce road rage!

1st on the list:

Drivers parked up on the wrong side of the road with there headlights still on.

Say speed cameras are a tax rather than keeping to the speed limit.

Not really annoying but quite amusing, when there's two lanes coming up to a red light with a car already waiting in one lane... you pull up next to them but the front of your car is about a foot further forward than their car and they decide to slowly roll their car forward a bit to be in line or further forward than yours.

Anyone else ever experience this?

When someone does this to me, I just creep forward a little for fun and so on.... then rev my engine just as we're setting off and watch them screech off like a fool.

My pet hate is starting off through a green light only to find vehicles still coming through the red light.Many years ago there were the adverts requesting you not to be an amber gambler.Seems insignificant now drivers shooting the amber light.

Did this on my CBR 600 once (and only once) nearly got killed by a car obscured by a white van. Luckily I saw him at the last minute. Didn't die.

Another hate I have is when driving through a 30 mph area to be bullied by someone up my tail pipe. I do however slow down even further by taking my foot off the accelerator.

Oh yes more sport with fools.

Or alternatively when approaching a speed camera to be overtaken at speed .Only for them to break abruptly in front of me as they didn`t see the camera

More fun to watch - better when they don't brake.

Taking the "racing line" on roundabouts, going over into someone else's lane.

So many people do this - usually people who drive at 40 mph everywhere. You know the type.

I also dont like people who think their indicators are deflector shields.

Hear hear

Drivers that pull out in front of you from a side road, even though there's nothing else on the road behind you and then tootle along at 20.

Come the revolution - these people will be first up against ....etc etc

There's a really good American sign for that acutally:

"Merge Like a Zip"

http://coastguardcouple.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/20101230-NZ-road-trip-w-Ronni-10.jpg

They've had this in the Netherlands for decades, at first everybody ignored it, then everybody realised that it was indeed quicker to comply. It makes perfect sense, but for some reason it doesn't seem to happen here, each time a lane closes there is chaos.

They've had this in the Netherlands for decades, at first everybody ignored it, then everybody realised that it was indeed quicker to comply. It makes perfect sense, but for some reason it doesn't seem to happen here, each time a lane closes there is chaos.

That'll be down to the British obsession with queuing and the unwritten rules of which must not be broken on pain of death.

jb

That'll be down to the British obsession with queuing and the unwritten rules of which must not be broken on pain of death.

jb

It's the same with cash machines, if you have two machines next to each other (both functioning fine) and there's a queue of two or more people at one and nobody at the other, quite often someone will join the queue rather than go to the free one.

I would have thought it's pretty obvious how the road is supposed to be used, two lanes exiting the Parkway would generally be there to help prevent traffic backing up on to the Parkway.

Most people seem to prefer to queue in one lane so the traffic does indeed back up on to the Parkway.

Which bit of the parkway are we talking about here??

I'm confused.

---------- Post added 04-03-2015 at 10:22 ----------

Don't knock it tho, you are legally entitled to use that other lane and merge at the point both roads meet.

If everyone else chooses to que for ten minutes in the other lane then don't feel like you've done something wrong, thats their problem not yours.