Passenger stamps on Sheffield bus driver’s head.

I agree and yet the apologists on here will say poor him he needs help. Hat worries me is this scumbag is now living a normal life and free to attack again. We are all at risk.

Saw him stood outside the Bulls Head at Ranmoor last Friday night, pint n fag in hand.

I think firstly you should ask yourself what Chuck Norris would do. I suspect probably what I suggested. Joking aside. Why does my post not have logic. Pain is a good preventative measure. If you gave this bloke say a good pasting. He wouldnt do it again surely and isnt that what we want?

Firstly, there's no evidence that revenge beatings or any form of corporal punishment work as a deterrent. The evidence points to the contrary.

Secondly, if he has mental health issues (and why would a mental health nurse make that up), then he's not normal and so is unlikely to even learn the little that a revenge beating would 'teach' a normal person.

Did he spend 16 months already remanded whilst on trial? Nobody seems to have tried to answer.

---------- Post added 03-03-2015 at 09:26 ----------

What's more important? Getting the perpetrator well enough to function in society, or the detrimental effect that they have on other people?

Should those around them be considered acceptable collateral damage?

That's something that the courts consider, prison sentences have multiple purposes, one of which is to protect the public from that person.

Firstly, there's no evidence that revenge beatings or any form of corporal punishment work as a deterrent. The evidence points to the contrary.

Secondly, if he has mental health issues (and why would a mental health nurse make that up), then he's not normal and so is unlikely to even learn the little that a revenge beating would 'teach' a normal person.

Did he spend 16 months already remanded whilst on trial? Nobody seems to have tried to answer.

---------- Post added 03-03-2015 at 09:26 ----------

That's something that the courts consider, prison sentences have multiple purposes, one of which is to protect the public from that person.

Well they didnt consider protecting the public when they let him out. Fair enough punishment might not change him so we have to look at the priority which should be the victim and any future potential victims. So the only solution is to bang him up. Hes had previous he must have had help before hes never learnt. So while this scroat is having a fag with a pint outside the local pub the bus driver is suffering serious injuries.

I expect that they did consider it.

Yes and the impassioned plea from a do gooder nurse as well. Who probably lives nowhere near him and never has to risk her or any of her family while he is around.

It just angers me that no one ever thinks of the victims. This day and age its all about giving criminals rights and ooh poor them.

I also get so angry that mental health card is used. There are many people out there with serious mental health issues and they don't have criminal records. Yet these people are at risk getting on the bus or doing their shopping because of the likes of him.

Would you prefer that nurses did bad or evil or something?

The judge almost certainly did think of the victims. He probably had a lot more information than you do, and considered it all quite carefully.

Just not defend the indefensable would be a start. The nurse has a duty to do no harm. Yet harm would be done with him on the outside. If she hadnt have written the letter he probably would be behind bars now and people would be safe.

Yes and the impassioned plea from a do gooder nurse as well. Who probably lives nowhere near him and never has to risk her or any of her family while he is around.

It just angers me that no one ever thinks of the victims. This day and age its all about giving criminals rights and ooh poor them.

I also get so angry that mental health card is used. There are many people out there with serious mental health issues and they don't have criminal records. Yet these people are at risk getting on the bus or doing their shopping because of the likes of him.

A sad, sad post.

However, what is even sadder is that youre right