Pigeon solves problem

Was it a London pigeon or a country pigeon?

I expect the townie would be cleverer, but the country one is cleaner, naturally fed, and tastes better in a pie.

Why would the Townie pigeon be cleverer than the country bumpkin pigeon?

Why would the Townie pigeon be cleverer than the country bumpkin pigeon?

"Cleverer" is probably the wrong word.

The townie was brought up in London. It's ruthless, feral and cunning, like anything brought up in a violent city. It feeds by pecking up bits of sick puked up by drunken Cockneys.

The country bumpkin is a much simpler bird, living off nuts and berries from a farmers field. The only danger it faces is the odd scarecrow.

A major problem here ... judging by the size of the banana (which is pretty much a constant), the 'pigeon' must be around four foot tall.

This leads me to believe that the 'pigeon' in question can be none other than our dear friend the 'Hillsborough Tree penguin' in disguise. Given that it's capable of disguising itself before undertaking the audacious theft, it's pretty obvious that it's intelligent enough to to not only climb on top of the box, but also (in unseen footage) to actually build the box itself in carpentry night classes. Another clue is a (gigantic) pigeon would fly up to nick the banana ... a feat a Tree Penguin (or any other member of the Sphenicscidae family) is totally incapable of ... hence the box.

Admittedly, there are no banana trees in Hillsborough (to my knowledge), but Morrison's is, and bananas very often go missing off the fruit display there.

I rest my case.

A major problem here ... judging by the size of the banana (which is pretty much a constant), the 'pigeon' must be around four foot tall.

This leads me to believe that the 'pigeon' in question can be none other than our dear friend the 'Hillsborough Tree penguin' in disguise. Given that it's capable of disguising itself before undertaking the audacious theft, it's pretty obvious that it's intelligent enough to to not only climb on top of the box, but also (in unseen footage) to actually build the box itself in carpentry night classes. Another clue is a (gigantic) pigeon would fly up to nick the banana ... a feat a Tree Penguin (or any other member of the Sphenicscidae family) is totally incapable of ... hence the box.

Admittedly, there are no banana trees in Hillsborough (to my knowledge), but Morrison's is, and bananas very often go missing off the fruit display there.

I rest my case.

We so need a 'like' button....:)