What would you do ? : unknown car across your drive at 7.00AM

Me and 4 mates bumped a car once. Right down the street lol. The owners face was a picture on arrival to find it gone. Should not have parked it in front of my drive lol.

This is a much better idea than damaging it. And all you need is a group of friends.

Bump it into the middle of the road, and see how quickly the police get it towed then! :thumbsup:

I read at the weekend that if you've got four shovels to hand you can jack the wheels up onto the shovels and slide it away.

what is they came back and you have there car on 4 shovels no give them tea and toast. make love not war

---------- Post added 02-03-2015 at 12:18 ----------

This is a much better idea than damaging it. And all you need is a group of friends.

Bump it into the middle of the road, and see how quickly the police get it towed then! :thumbsup:

is this not stealing the car. try telling that to the police officer im just moving this car as it is not mine

Clearly not since theft is taking property with the intention of permanently deprive.

Hence when the crime of TWOC was created, taking without owners consent. But since you've merely removed it from illegally blocking your driveway, to a position close by, you haven't "taken" it in any definition.

What the police do with it afterwards is up to them of course, and I'm sure they'd be acting in accordance with the law.

Usually, rocking the car from side to side will set the alarm off....The problem there being, that it will most likely be ignored. Does anyone these days react to a car alarm?

I tried shoulder barging it but nothing. I could have barged it a bit harder but would then have risked injuring myself.... It`s easier if you`ve got two reasonably large fellas who could get it rocking between them !

If it's not in gear trolly jack it at the rear and move it forwards or back...if there's room.

I think I might be tempted to use my trolley jack and lift the rear of the car, and shove it forward or backwards to clear the drive (assuming it isn't an auto, or manual left in gear)

This was a possibility because it was a BMW 320d, aren`t they rear wheel drive ? So the hand brake and the transmission would both be on the same wheels. I do have a trolley jack and considered it* though I`d have got all messed up crawling all over the (wet) pavement. Once it was up there`d have only really been me to push it though, my wife isn`t the biggest woman in the world, and it was at an angle to the curb. So not only an ignorant parker, but also a crap one as well......

* If we`d a plane to catch I`d have done it though !

---------- Post added 02-03-2015 at 13:47 ----------

I would sound my horn and try to attract someones attention ?

We tried that with no result. But you`re in a cleft stick position with sounding the horn really, you don`t want to upset all your neighbours who are completely innocent and probably think the errant parker is an ignorant **** just as much as you do.

---------- Post added 02-03-2015 at 13:51 ----------

We've had this once (although people park over our drive ALL THE FRICKING TIME!). I heard a car arrive middle of the night, someone drunk shouting down a phone (but couldn't hear what they were shouting), following morning it turned out to be a Golf parked across our drive. We rang the police, luckily we normally have a car parked on the drive and the other on the road, so the missus took my car and I kept an eye out for whoever owned the car.

A young man showed up at 8.45, clearly still drunk. I asked him what he thought he was doing parking over the drive, he ignored me as well as he could, stumbled into the car and drove off. Of course at this point I had already passed all the details on to the police who picked him up from work, took a breath analysis and so on but couldn't prosecute, despite me having pictures of him being over the drive. He got off with a telling off I think. I hope they also told his boss.

It is really, really inconsiderate to park over drives and it happens too often. When we moved here people always said it would be hell on match-day (keep your car parked on the road!) but it never is, it is always to do with people going to local events, at the church, in the park, at the bowling green whatever. Really ****** me off and frequently it is the same people as well. (So if you drive a BMW X5, go to the Church by the Park to take little johnnie to Judo or whatever and you read this, next time you will find an unexplained brick through your window instead of the slew of notes that you politely, without reading I presume, throw onto the drive you are blocking.)

/rant.

Pleased to get that of my chest really :)

I have to say when the ignorant ****s do come back and then scrunch up the note and throw it on the floor that really is the icing on the cake, and, incidentally, shows just how ignorant they are. However, I do think everyone who ever gets a car parked across their drive (whether it`s inconveniencing them or not) should put a note under the windscreen in the (probably forlorn) hope that the driver thinks a bit more next time he or she is tempted to do it.

Edited by Justin Smith

I think I might be tempted to use my trolley jack and lift the rear of the car, and shove it forward or backwards to clear the drive (assuming it isn't an auto, or manual left in gear)

I've used car wheel skates before and it makes no difference to them if car is an auto or in gear or handbrake on and if you use all them on all four wheels they make pushing a car a doddle

This was a possibility because it was a BMW 320d, aren`t they rear wheel drive ? So the hand brake and the transmission would both be on the same wheels. I do have a trolley jack and considered it* though I`d have got all messed up crawling all over the (wet) pavement. Once it was up there`d have only really been me to push it though, my wife isn`t the biggest woman in the world, and it was at an angle to the curb. So not only an ignorant parker, but also a crap one as well......

We tried that with no result. But you`re in a cleft stick position with sounding the horn really, you don`t want to upset all your neighbours who are completely innocent and probably think the errant parker is an ignorant **** just as much as you do.

I have to say when the ignorant ****s do come back and then scrunch up the note and throw it on the floor that really is the icing on the cake, and, incidentally, shows just how ignorant they are. However, I do think everyone who ever gets a car parked across their drive (whether it`s inconveniencing them or not, should put a note under the windscreen in the (probably forlorn) hope that the driver thinks a bit more next time he or she is tempted to do it.

Ooops....Sorry, I didn't notice that trolley jacking it had been posted earlier...

Had it been possible it would have been funny to Jack it out of the way, and then let one of the tyres down, and then post a note under the wiper to say, you have a trolley jack they could borrow to help change the tyre....:hihi:

I have to say when the ignorant ****s do come back and then scrunch up the note and throw it on the floor that really is the icing on the cake, and, incidentally, shows just how ignorant they are. However, I do think everyone who ever gets a car parked across their drive (whether it`s inconveniencing them or not) should put a note under the windscreen in the (probably forlorn) hope that the driver thinks a bit more next time he or she is tempted to do it.

I'd feel an inclination to superglue the note to the windscreen "to stop any risk of it blowing away, of course", but that only risks increasing the problem.