Best places to eat in Sheffield:

olivia23

Couch is lovely for a chill out coffee and a muffin :o)

Pub lunch wise has to be Admiral Rodney up S6, check out there Chicken and Leek pie! You will be astonished at its mass!

And my fav eatery in Sheffield has got to be EGO, Mediterranean food, amazing service and fab atmosphere.

Sandie x

For a nice, relaxed and excellent meal, check out Thyme Cafe in Broomhall (Glossop Road).

For a quick cuppa during the week you can't go wrong with Moco on West Street and the seemingly perennial Forum on Division Street is great for a lazy Sunday afternoon with friends with decent food and drinks.

I would not recommend anywhere really, and when it comes down to it its all personal choice really.

I will just say I will avoid any that have a web-site and don't have their menu on it and with prices, because they are probably over priced, with tiny southerner sized portions and may well be pretentious too.

That last response is a sad testament to the narrow minded views of so many.

Tay-barns is quite good, you get a wide choice of foods, 6.99 before 7. It goes up to 8.99 after. Its an all you can eat place. I've been twice in last couple of weeks, and enjoyed the food. Its just past grenoside, beginning of Barnsley.

In city centre there's a nice Indian opposite the walk in centre.

Tay-barns is quite good, you get a wide choice of foods, 6.99 before 7. It goes up to 8.99 after. Its an all you can eat place. I've been twice in last couple of weeks, and enjoyed the food. Its just past grenoside, beginning of Barnsley.

Butlers Balti? Been once when it was in it's previous location and it was great.

Oh dear! Tay Barns?

Sorry mate - I don't wish to offend you or anyone else - but that place is just the pits and appeals to a certain type who know nothing about food but everything about eating.