Eurotunnel being sold

Sorry,I misunderstood,I thought you were implying he had no long term future.. :)

Haha...I think we're both misunderstanding one another..:)..My point is that there are no guarantees in regard to him or his government....It's too close to call at the moment, and I'm not a great lover of 'polls' anyway.

In the grand scheme of government borrowing, the 750 million is a drop in the ocean....Just watch the share value of Eurostar jump now it's been sold off....We all know who'll profit from that....and it won't be Joe Bloggs...taxpayer.

Haha...I think we're both misunderstanding one another..:)..My point is that there are no guarantees in regard to him or his government....It's too close to call at the moment, and I'm not a great lover of 'polls' anyway.

In the grand scheme of government borrowing, the 750 million is a drop in the ocean....Just watch the share value of Eurostar jump now it's been sold off....We all know who'll profit from that....and it won't be Joe Bloggs...taxpayer.

It'll probably be Joe Bloggs' pension fund...Eurostar made 54 mill. profit last year..the UK gov. would have got 40% of that (their share of the ownership) so that's about 21 million.. we've got 35 years profit back in one hit....

It'll probably be Joe Bloggs' pension fund...Eurostar made 54 mill. profit last year..the UK gov. would have got 40% of that (their share of the ownership) so that's about 21 million.. we've got 35 years profit back in one hit....

Ooooh....I'll treasure that....(note to self....check your wage slip next payday) :hihi::hihi:

What makes you believe that the share price will jump up?

What makes you believe that the share price will jump up?

Doesn't it always when the government do a sell off?....I may be wrong, but that's how it seems...

Here's an example: http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/news/article-2594033/Botched-Royal-Mail-sell-saw-16-priority-investors-cash-share-price-spike.html

---------- Post added 04-03-2015 at 11:04 ----------

Treasure what?

You said 'we've' got 35 years.....etc.....

You and me?

Doesn't it always when the government do a sell off?....I may be wrong, but that's how it seems...

Here's an example: http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/news/article-2594033/Botched-Royal-Mail-sell-saw-16-priority-investors-cash-share-price-spike.html

---------- Post added 04-03-2015 at 11:04 ----------

You said 'we've' got 35 years.....etc.....

You and me?

The country..yes... pedantry gets you nowhere :)

Nationalising a public utility is a completely different kettle of fish then selling shares of a private company. Royal Mail had no market value so there's a lot of estimation was involved, if the level was set at the wrong price then it wouldn't have sold, so it's wrong to expect a public utility to sell for a peak price.

Eurostar has a market valuation, and the government used that as a guide price when it valued it's shares.