Eurotunnel being sold

If you checked it out, you'd has also seen that last year the valuation of the Government's share was put around £300 million, so are you congratulating the government for managing to sell their share for two and a half times the amount estimated?

Yes I saw last years price as opposed to this years sell off....Should I actually congratulate the government?....I dunno...Obviously the price now is better...Who knows?...It might be even better next year?....

Frankly, I just get a bit fed up of Osbourne 'crowing' that he's sold it off to benefit 'us' taxpayers....Will it make any difference to me?...Nope....

It'll be just the same when they sell off the government share of the banks....We hear all the time that whatever percentage is owned by the British Taxpayer....Will I ever see the results of that? Nope....

It's all games played by people 'with money' to make more money for other people with money...

Cynical?....YES

Yes I saw last years price as opposed to this years sell off....Should I actually congratulate the government?....I dunno...Obviously the price now is better...Who knows?...It might be even better next year?....

Frankly, I just get a bit fed up of Osbourne 'crowing' that he's sold it off to benefit 'us' taxpayers....Will it make any difference to me?...Nope....

It'll be just the same when they sell off the government share of the banks....We hear all the time that whatever percentage is owned by the British Taxpayer....Will I ever see the results of that? Nope....

It's all games played by people 'with money' to make more money for other people with money...

Cynical?....YES

So do you expect to personally see the money? The money goes towards the services that the government provide!

So do you expect to personally see the money? The money goes towards the services that the government provide!

No I most certainly don't expect to personally see the money....I just expect more of the services the government provide to be cut even more...Or sold off to private enterprise....

The government invested heavily in the Channel Tunnel and Eurostar and are now cashing in. Perfectly acceptable way of generating cash. A great deal of government money will be needed to invest in other infrastructure projects.

More projects to be mismanaged, underestimated in cost, and bumbled into life by hook or by crook like the channel tunnel was?

You do realise it isn't the tunnel that's being sold?

Yes I do Truman.....I had wondered (being a mod and able) whether to modify the thread title, as it's clearly wrong....But we don't tend to 'mess' with threads we've posted on....Also, it would mean someone editing the text of the first post, which we don't do either :)

I was merely using eurotunnel as an example....

More projects to be mismanaged, underestimated in cost, and bumbled into life by hook or by crook like the channel tunnel was?

Yea but we totally need the High Speed Train network.

People will be queuing up to pay through the nose to reach London a couple of minutes faster right???