Woman mugged in Hillsborough

Please dont be worried, Its a horrible thing thats happened but not my experience of Hillsborough at all, lived here for over five years now and never seen many problems.

Hope the lady makes a speedy recovery and the (deleted) gets caught!

Edited by EODM83
spelling

How shocking !

How can no one of stopped to help her! Fair enough dont be a hero and chase after the vile excuse of a human as they are not worth it, as you never know if they have a gun / knife etc but not to help the lady! Disgraceful!

xx

Sandcastle, I'm pretty sure someone will have stopped to help the poor lady, it's just that no-one stepped in to prevent it or stop it whilst it was actually happening, which I'm sure would have been nigh-on impossible, as it will have happened so quickly.

The OP and others on the tram don't know what happened afterwards though, as the tram was just pulling away when it happened.

i no the ladys daughter in question , she is ok but very shuck up as you can imagine this was a very violent unprovoked attack/robbery , this scumbag needs finding and bringin to justice , noone deserves to go through wat her family are going through , anyone with any infirmation please contact the police immediately , he needs catching bfre he does it again , thankyou for all asking after the lady , x

Edited by scoobydooo

To update

It turns out I know the victims boyfriend through going to Sheffield Wednesday matches home and away and he's told me the ******* apparently attacked 2 other people yesterday also so please be vigilant in the Hillsborough area.

The good news is he apparently left his DNA when scratching this poor lady yesterday so they may be a step closer to catching him and there may also be CCTV footage with him on it.

---------- Post added 05-03-2015 at 14:37 ----------

South Yorkshire Police have launched an appeal for an attack that happened earlier that day but sounds like the same scumbag

https://www.facebook.com/#!/southyorkshirepolice?fref=ts

APPEAL: Police search for man who helped stop an attempted robbery

Police in Sheffield are appealing for witnesses following the attempted robbery of a 59-year-old woman.

At 2.15pm on Monday 16 February, a 59-year-old woman was walking along Holme Lane, Sheffield, when it is alleged that she was approached by an unknown man who attempted to steal her bag.

A nearby man, who witnessed the incident, is then thought to have challenged the suspect, who then fled, empty-handed, in the direction of Malin Bridge.

Police would like to speak to anyone who witnessed this incident, specifically the man who intervened in order to assist the woman.

Anyone with information is asked to call 101 quoting incident number 760 of 16 February.

Alternatively, to give information anonymously, call Crime Stoppers on 0800 555 111.

Edited by owlzat

i no the ladys daughter in question , she is ok but very shuck up as you can imagine this was a very violent unprovoked attack , this scumbag needs finding and bringin to justice , noone deserves to go through wat her family are going through , anyone with any infirmation please contact the police immediately , he needs catching bfre he does it again , thankyou for all asking after the lady , x

Very glad to hear she's ok.

I've seen that aswell Bethsmummy. I assumed she was the lady that the OP saw being attacked. the lady's rose gold necklace (with a normal gold fastener) was stolen. It's very sentimental and she really would like it back :(

Yes the lady with the chain was mugged on taplin road just after 2 yesterday description same as previous baseball cap. Apparantely was caught on camera outside cash converters earlier. Hope they catch the scumbag or someone else catches up with him. Hope all victims ok.