Woman mugged in Hillsborough

Not true. Violent crime in this country and worldwide has steadily been declining for 20 years now. It's at the lowest level since pre-industrial times.

---------- Post added 05-03-2015 at 21:43 ----------

Yeah - it will just be an isolated desperate junkie wandered down from Parson Cross or Southey.

I don't know where you get your statistics from but it certainly isn't true and where they came from is not really relevant. Violent crime in the real world is on increase.

I don't know where you get your statistics from but it certainly isn't true and where they came from is not really relevant. Violent crime in the real world is on increase.

And another sad fact that there a even less police to catch these violent thugs!

Are you a Daily Mail reader - just interested.

Can you post any evidence of this ?

---------- Post added 06-03-2015 at 08:44 ----------

How many people stood round and did nothing I wonder?

Did anyone stand and count the number of people who 'stood around' ?:roll:

Come on - I would guess that those who witnessed the incident were rooted to the spot for a few seconds in shock but went to the lady's assistance shortly afterwards.

---------- Post added 06-03-2015 at 08:46 ----------

It happened around 16:40 outside Mad Harry's store.

Some scrote had an old woman on the floor hitting her round the head before snatching something and running off just evading a guy who was probably stunned as he watched it happen before reacting and trying to grab him as he ran past.

So annoyed as like about 50 others we could only watch from the tram as it happened.

She was 59 - not old thank you.

Edited by Daven

I think the incident involving the 59 year old woman was an earlier one. This thread was started about an assault/mugging on the 4th of March, the police report/appeal for information linked to in #24 is about a mugging on February 16th.

Quite worrying that theyre all in the same area.

Edited by nikki-red

I can clarify that the lady in question that was mugged outside Costa is shook up (obviously) has the battle scars but being a Sheffielder has returned to work today (and no she isn't on a zero hours contract).

He stole a necklace from around her neck and tried to pull out her ear rings too.

You can imagine the shock and pain that all this has caused.

I hope they catch this scumbag ASAP.

I am just curious why zero hours contract has anything to do with it. I'm glad she has returned to work. I dont want the scumbag to win anymore than they have. Lets hope they find who is responsable.

Has anyone asked around the pawn shops about the necklace. Presumably the individual has stolen it for drug money and tried to sell it somewhere.

Some people don't have a choice if on a zero hours contract and have to go back to work, sadly.

Having never been in a pawn shop, how easy is it for someone to off load something like this ?

I dont know myself I thought pawn shop as that's the easiest way of offloading stuff like that. Its worth a try.

Are you a Daily Mail reader - just interested.

Can you post any evidence of this ?

---------- Post added 06-03-2015 at 08:44 ----------

Did anyone stand and count the number of people who 'stood around' ?:roll:

Come on - I would guess that those who witnessed the incident were rooted to the spot for a few seconds in shock but went to the lady's assistance shortly afterwards.

---------- Post added 06-03-2015 at 08:46 ----------

No I don't read newspapers and no-one has provided any statistics either way