Woman mugged in Hillsborough

I don't know where you get your statistics from but it certainly isn't true and where they came from is not really relevant. Violent crime in the real world is on increase.

The inside of your head isn't the real world.

I don't know where you get your statistics from but it certainly isn't true and where they came from is not really relevant. Violent crime in the real world is on increase.

Nope. Just 24 hour media means the shrinking amount of crime is reported far more.

This is an interesting article about the decrease in crime (though I don't necessarily believe the lead causation theory): http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-27067615

And another sad fact that there a even less police to catch these violent thugs!

Historic evidence shows that police numbers and crime are actually inversely proportional. The less police you have, the less crime there is.

The inside of your head isn't the real world.

I think the constant bombardment of news about the various wars around the world muddies peoples perception of how things really are, I think many people feel mankind is losing it and lump all this together with things like violent crime, a feeling that humans are on the whole becoming more violent.

I think the constant bombardment of news about the various wars around the world muddies peoples perception of how things really are, I think many people feel mankind is losing it and lump all this together with things like violent crime, a feeling that humans are on the whole becoming more violent.

Agreed. Still a false perception though.

I believe the tram was on the other side of the road heading away from the city centre whilst the incident happened on the city bound platform where the lady in question had just missed a tram and the platform was empty.