Police deserve respect?

Good point.

Thanks TFH, happy someone sees sense!

To my mind, police (in any country) are individual human beings; and just like the rest of us, there are good and bad apples.

Aside from that, there is also the matter of their agenda / purpose. Who do the police ultimately serve? Are they ultimately a kind of private security force for the rich and powerful in society? Or are they tasked to serve all with equal fairness?

Edited by Waldo

Tonnes of respect for the British police. Whenever there is an incident (either nearby or involving ourselves) they respond adequately and appropriately.

If only that were true. West Yorkshire police are a different breed and mindset to SYP.

As for the city of london stormtroopers - god help you if you have a camera that's all I can say.

I remember a photograph from 9/11 it featured a New York cop and a New York Fireman running up the stairs in one of the towers in an attempt to save people, at the same time a yuppie in a suit, probably earning in a week what these guys earned in a year, was running downstairs saving himself, as he runs he looks back at the men running into probable death.

At that moment, in the yuppies mind he realizes how shallow his life is how meaningless his riches.

God bless those men and women in blue who, in the US and here, protect and serve us.

I remember a photograph from 9/11 it featured a New York cop and a New York Fireman running up the stairs in one of the towers in an attempt to save people, at the same time a yuppie in a suit, probably earning in a week what these guys earned in a year, was running downstairs saving himself, as he runs he looks back at the men running into probable death.

At that moment, in the yuppies mind he realizes how shallow his life is how meaningless his riches.

God bless those men and women in blue who, in the US and here, protect and serve us.

:thumbsup: If people think the police are useless in general then see what would happen after a week without them

---------- Post added 05-03-2015 at 19:03 ----------

If only that were true. West Yorkshire police are a different breed and mindset to SYP.

As for the city of london stormtroopers - god help you if you have a camera that's all I can say.

So what does that mean? Leave all cameras behind before proceeding east of Ludgate Hill? :loopy: :loopy: :hihi: :hihi: