Election - Cameron agrees to just one TV debate

The debate should be with the PM and the leader of the opposition.

It's very easy for a leader of a party who doesn't think that they're going to form a new government to look impressive by being populist and make promises that they know that they'll not be held to account on, whether they kept them or not.

Also debates with more than two sides often get confusing and hits hard to keep the debate on track.

The debate should be with the PM and the leader of the opposition.

It's very easy for a leader of a party who doesn't think that they're going to form a new government to look impressive by being populist and make promises that they know that they'll not be held to account on, whether they kept them or not.

Also debates with more than two sides often get confusing and hits hard to keep the debate on track.

I agree.

It all started getting silly when the TV companies wanted to give Farage a platform but not a party that had, at that time, more MPs than UKIP.

It should either be head to head or non at all. 7 allows for little more than soundbites and populist claptrap.

Same here.

I mean come on, is anyone seriously going to watch this parade of chancers, narcissists and liars?

I bet you would if it wasn't the leader of your political persuasion under pressure

Maybe we could eliminate one after each debate. Perhaps the worst two parties should wrestle or have a dance off like on strictly?

You're on to a winner here, but this format should be for the election itself! :hihi:

Maybe we could eliminate one after each debate. Perhaps the worst two parties should wrestle or have a dance off like on strictly?

I was thinking more in the line of pro celebrity cage fighting