Tories propose to limit Child Benefit to 3 children

You think there are many families with four or more children? Despite the average being <2...

I think the idea is sound in principle.

I agree, good in principle. But wont most large families be 2 families getting together, so it would affect 2 parent families more than single parent families?

I say fab idea!

It will help detour the benefit scroungers who just think its acceptable to "breed" as they way of earning a living

I used to work for CMO and you would be shocked with how much gets paid out!

Given that CB is fixed, and not large, amount. I don't think we would.

I think it seems eminantly reasonable but agree with Mr Bloom's point about multiple birth.

I've said this should be in for a long time. If you had say two kids, and then fell pregnant with twins, then you should get CB for both of them though.

I'd also make it so adopted children are exempt from any limit as well as anyone willing to adopt should get all the assistance that can be given.

If it is for families with more than three children born after a date in the future - eg 9 months and a week from the date announced! then I am not entirely opposed.

If it is going to affect existing families with more than three children, then it is a moral outrage, and children's charities should be shouting from the rooftops in opposition.

Would this affect other benefits too? Like claiming benefits for dependants?

ALSO, there MUST be in-built protection for children of multiple births.

Do you know that the £500 that the government gives (or gave?) to new borns had to SHARED between siblings of multiple birth? THIS is outrageous!!!

What £500 is this? I never got anything what my daughter was born, I'm not complaining mind you.

If it is for families with more than three children born after a date in the future - eg 9 months and a week from the date announced! then I am not entirely opposed.

If it is going to affect existing families with more than three children, then it is a moral outrage, and children's charities should be shouting from the rooftops in opposition.

Would this affect other benefits too? Like claiming benefits for dependants?

ALSO, there MUST be in-built protection for children of multiple births.

Do you know that the £500 that the government gives (or gave?) to new borns had to SHARED between siblings of multiple birth? THIS is outrageous!!!

It is now gave, has been for some time.

I say fab idea!

It will help detour the benefit scroungers who just think its acceptable to "breed" as they way of earning a living

I used to work for CMO and you would be shocked with how much gets paid out!

Second children onwards only nets you £13.55/wk, it costs more than this to raise a child. Anyone thinking extra children is a way to fund their lifestyle clearly hasn't done the maths.

jb