Sheffield City Council meeting - An important Invitation

Anyone who attended the joke that was the 'public consultation' by Sheffield City Council with regards the 2015 - 2016 budget, might be interested in attending the full Council meeting taking place tomorrow, when the 'public feedback' will be discussed, probably ignored, and important decisions actually made, which will directly affect you in the near future.

Interestingly, although you have a right to be there, you will not be expected as this has had almost 0 publicity. So important issues such as the allocation of resources, plans for services and approvals for pay and allowances etc will, they hope, go through without comment. This is the real meeting they don't want you to go to.

But remember, you are officially allowed to take part, ask questions, or submit petitions by law. So if you're one of those people who think that the City Council is complacent and thinks it doesn't need to work for your vote; if you think the people of sheffield would vote for a pig if it was wearing a red rosette, if you think it's about time the great Sheffield public took real democracy back into their own hands where it belongs, please attend the council meeting at the Council Chamber in the Town Hall, tomorrow friday 6th March, at 2.0pm.

It would be nice to see some outspoken critics of this morribund council there. We might just see democracy in action.

For more information about this, the agenda, and the issues under discussion go to the excellent website: http://www.kickass-cookies.co.uk .

No, I mean they (the council) should stop taking the vote for granted.

People should be more involved in politics, or they will get the governance they deserve.

---------- Post added 05-03-2015 at 21:01 ----------

No, I mean they (the council) should stop taking the vote for granted.

People should be more involved in politics, or they will get the governance they deserve.

So, nobody interested then?

Sheffield Council's Budget is to be decided tomorrow. The public are welcome to attend, to ask questions, etc.

The council who have held 'public consultation' exercises, would rather you didn't come which is why the meeting has had very little publicity. That way they can ignore everything you've said and do what they wanted to do anyway, as they usually do.

I've been trying to drum up some support for the public gallery, to at least let them know they will be held to account, but it seems no one is interested. Therefore they will, as usual, be able to continue to rely on your votes no matter how rubbish they are... nobody cares.

I give up.

If there is anyone out there that's interested, it's to be held at 2.00pm at the Town Hall.

I won't hold my breath. Just don't complain when council tax goes up, services go down, and they vote themselves nice fat pay deals. They couldn't care less what you think - why should they?

Guest sibon

I won't hold my breath. Just don't complain when council tax goes up, services go down, and they vote themselves nice fat pay deals. They couldn't care less what you think - why should they?

How much do you think that councillors get paid, Anna? What percentage of zero would constitute a "nice fat pay deal"?

Most councillors that I know, do it because they want to serve the Sheffield citizens. Many of them are successful business people. It really isn't their fault that they are dealing with savage budget cuts.

That's probably one of the most pertinent questions you've ever asked.

It isn't. The pertinent question would be "How do we lever the correct amount of tax out of Boots, Amazon, Vodaphone etc. In order to provide for a civillised society?"

I never did like victim blaming.

How much do you think that councillors get paid, Anna? What percentage of zero would constitute a "nice fat pay deal"?

Most councillors that I know, do it because they want to serve the Sheffield citizens. Many of them are successful business people. It really isn't their fault that they are dealing with savage budget cuts.

It isn't. The pertinent question would be "How do we lever the correct amount of tax out of Boots, Amazon, Vodaphone etc. In order to provide for a civillised society?"

I never did like victim blaming.

Don't ask vince cable, he doesn't know.