Sheffield City Council meeting - An important Invitation

I was interested to see if sibon's claim of under 2 mins was correct and indeed it is :)

Just google Sheffield Councillors Expenses. I can't open the file though because I haven't paid Windows for the app to read it, and it doesn't open in notepad :) I can open allowances in word though.

Thanks, I found them. You don't need MSword to read the most recent one. It's a pdf file.

Wow, somebody called "Dore" fleeced the taxpayer for an extra £15000 for something called "special responsibility allowance." I wonder what she needed that for!

lol, Harry Harpham needed an extra £150 subsistence allowance because he is so poor! I guess claiming £17354.90 in other expenses just wasn't enough for him.

Edited by rinzwind

So, Julie Dore on £32,000 then. Anyone think she's worth it?

It's also a bit like saying MPs are on £78,000. Nobody believes anything they say any more.

And I believe the Sheffield Chief exec is on about £250,000, but then he's not on the council, anybody know what he does or exactly how the work is divided up? No, me neither. And what about groups like Yorkshire forward and those other 'promotional' bodies; who pays them and what for?

Does anybody have a much needed overview?

It's also a bit like saying MPs are on £78,000. Nobody believes anything they say any more.

And I believe the Sheffield Chief exec is on about £250,000, but then he's not on the council, anybody know what he does or exactly how the work is divided up? No, me neither. And what about groups like Yorkshire forward and those other 'promotional' bodies; who pays them and what for?

Don't know her, but 32k for such responsibility doesn't seem a very good deal to me. I think her job must be a lot tougher than Meg Munn's, Clive Bett's or Angela Smith's with a lot less perks.

As for the Chief Exec - no idea - seems a lot of money - hope he/she is worth it - what do they do?

How much should someone who oversees a £400 and odd million council get paid?

£32k salary! Yikes. So that's £58261.30 in total for her! I wonder what she also needed her £415 subsitance and £921.10 travel allowance for?

---------- Post added 06-03-2015 at 02:05 ----------

£80 a week.

Thanks, I found them. You don't need MSword to read the most recent one. It's a pdf file.

I'm on Win8 and it doesn't like me just as much as I don't like it!

For some reason it doesn't give me any options to open other than the Win thing, and notepad (and a few others I tried that didn't work). It didn't seem worth the trouble, there isn't anything I don't know, or can't imagine.

haha, you've found it too then. That's sleep out for you tonight looking over those figures and frothing at the mouth :hihi:

£80 a week.

Now you're being silly rinz :)

Anyone who attended the joke that was the 'public consultation' by Sheffield City Council with regards the 2015 - 2016 budget, might be interested in attending the full Council meeting taking place tomorrow, when the 'public feedback' will be discussed, probably ignored, and important decisions actually made, which will directly affect you in the near future.

Interestingly, although you have a right to be there, you will not be expected as this has had almost 0 publicity. So important issues such as the allocation of resources, plans for services and approvals for pay and allowances etc will, they hope, go through without comment. This is the real meeting they don't want you to go to.

But remember, you are officially allowed to take part, ask questions, or submit petitions by law. So if you're one of those people who think that the City Council is complacent and thinks it doesn't need to work for your vote; if you think the people of sheffield would vote for a pig if it was wearing a red rosette, if you think it's about time the great Sheffield public took real democracy back into their own hands where it belongs, please attend the council meeting at the Council Chamber in the Town Hall, tomorrow friday 6th March, at 2.0pm.

It would be nice to see some outspoken critics of this morribund council there. We might just see democracy in action.

For more information about this, the agenda, and the issues under discussion go to the excellent website: http://www.kickass-cookies.co.uk .

Any chance you get take a voice recorder and record this meeting? Then put it on the internet and link to it, so those of us who can't make it can access it?

That would also be usefull for any ensuing debate that takes place on here, as any claims made in the discussion about what was/wasn't said at the meet could be easily checked.

This is where all our money goes. Why should the Chief Executive get £80000 more than the Prime Minister?

JOHN MOTHERSOLE

Chief Executive £216,000

JEREMY WIGHT

Director of Public Health £98,453

SHARON SQUIRES

Director Sheffield First Partnership £81,645

JAMES HENDERSON

Director of Policy & Performance £81,645

JAYNE LUDLAM

Executive Director of CYPF £141,516

LARAINE MANLEY

Executive Director of Communities £141,516

WILLIAM GREEN

Executive Director of Place £141,516

EUGENE WALKER

Executive Director of Resources £141,516

SUSAN HIRD

Consultant in Public Health £81,618

CHRISTOPHER SHAW

Director of Health Improvement £76,922

LOUISE BREWINS

Head of Public Health Intelligence £67,805

E. COATES-MADDEN

Head of Communications £58,225

MARK TUCKETT

Head of Policy & Improvement £58,225

DORNE COLLINSON

Director of Children & Families £99,154

JOHN DOYLE

Director of Business Strategy £81,645

ANTHONY TWEEDY

Director Lifelong Learning(Skills & Com) £76,922

ANTONY HUGHES

Children's Commissioner for Sheffield £76,922

MOIRA WILSON

Director of Care & Support £81,645

LAURA PATTMAN

JANET SHARPE

Director of Housing Services £81,645

JOE FOWLER

Director of Commissioning £81,645

DAWN SHAW

Head Libraries & Community Services £58,225

NALIN SENEVIRATNE

Director of Capital & Major Projects £89,831

DAVID CAULFIELD

Director of Regeneration & Dev Services £89,831

PAUL BILLINGTON

Director of Culture & Environment £89,831

MICHAEL CROFTS

BRENDAN MOFFETT

Director of Marketing Sheffield £76,922

EDWARD HIGHFIELD

Director of Creative Sheffield £76,922

JULIE TONER

Director of Human Resources £81,645

BEVERLEY COUKHAM

ALINE HAYES

Interim Director of ICT £81,645

ANDREW ECKFORD

Director of Finance £81,645

GILLIAN DUCKWORTH

Director of Legal & Governance £81,645

JULIE BULLEN

Director of Customer Services £76,922

NEIL DAWSON

Director of Transport & Facilities Mgt £76,922

ANGELA CAWKWELL

Head Business Chge & Programme Delivery £68,484

ANDREW HOWELLS

Interim Director of Commercial Services £58,225

Total £3,299,810

This is where all our money goes. Why should the Chief Executive get £80000 more than the Prime Minister?

JOHN MOTHERSOLE

Chief Executive £216,000

JEREMY WIGHT

Director of Public Health £98,453

SHARON SQUIRES

Director Sheffield First Partnership £81,645

JAMES HENDERSON

Director of Policy & Performance £81,645

JAYNE LUDLAM

Executive Director of CYPF £141,516

LARAINE MANLEY

Executive Director of Communities £141,516

WILLIAM GREEN

Executive Director of Place £141,516

EUGENE WALKER

Executive Director of Resources £141,516

SUSAN HIRD

Consultant in Public Health £81,618

CHRISTOPHER SHAW

Director of Health Improvement £76,922

LOUISE BREWINS

Head of Public Health Intelligence £67,805

E. COATES-MADDEN

Head of Communications £58,225

MARK TUCKETT

Head of Policy & Improvement £58,225

DORNE COLLINSON

Director of Children & Families £99,154

JOHN DOYLE

ANTHONY TWEEDY

Director Lifelong Learning(Skills & Com) £76,922

ANTONY HUGHES

Children's Commissioner for Sheffield £76,922

MOIRA WILSON

Director of Care & Support £81,645

LAURA PATTMAN

JANET SHARPE

Director of Housing Services £81,645

JOE FOWLER

Director of Commissioning £81,645

DAWN SHAW

Head Libraries & Community Services £58,225

NALIN SENEVIRATNE

Director of Capital & Major Projects £89,831

DAVID CAULFIELD

Director of Regeneration & Dev Services £89,831

PAUL BILLINGTON

Director of Culture & Environment £89,831

MICHAEL CROFTS

BRENDAN MOFFETT

Director of Marketing Sheffield £76,922

EDWARD HIGHFIELD

Director of Creative Sheffield £76,922

JULIE TONER

Director of Human Resources £81,645

BEVERLEY COUKHAM

ALINE HAYES

Interim Director of ICT £81,645

ANDREW ECKFORD

Director of Finance £81,645

GILLIAN DUCKWORTH

Director of Legal & Governance £81,645

JULIE BULLEN

Director of Customer Services £76,922

NEIL DAWSON

Director of Transport & Facilities Mgt £76,922

ANGELA CAWKWELL

Head Business Chge & Programme Delivery £68,484

ANDREW HOWELLS

Interim Director of Commercial Services £58,225

Total £3,299,810

Looking at all those "created" jobs logically, you could get rid of more than half of them.

:confused:

Looking at all those "created" jobs logically, you could get rid of more than half of them.

:confused:

Agreed. There are 37 people working for Sheffield Council that earn more than £50,000 a year. The chief executive is paid closer to £220,000 a year which is a salary £80,000 higher than Prime Minister David Cameron is paid. In total the salaries of these 37 people are a staggering £3.3 million.

Instead of taking a pay cut, these "public servants" are hoping to raise 3.3 million pounds by increasing your council tax. By doing this the council is actually turning down a 2 million pound grant that is available for councils that freeze their council tax. The net gain to the council is therefore only £1.3 million pounds.

If everybody earning over £50,000 was actually paid just £50,000 the council would save nearly 1.5 million pounds AND Sheffield would qualify for the £2 million government grant.

Sheffield Councilors are voting on this budget at 2:00pm TODAY in the town hall. It's a public meeting and that means you can come along and have your say.

just look at some of these agenda items…

"approve a net Revenue Budget for 2015/16 amounting to £422.972m"

"approve a Band D equivalent Council Tax of £130 8.28 for City Council services, i.e. an increase of 1.99%"

"approve a Pay Policy for 2015/16"

http://kickass-cookies.co.uk/sheffield-council-budget-decided-tomorrow-public-welcome/