Bad vibes when walking through the city centre

Have you ever felt a kind of bad vibe or a kind of static force when walking through the largely deserted city centre after the shops have closed for the day and before the bars open? (not so common now as bars are open all day) Is it atmospheric pressure or something else? It's freaky

I have never once felt anything less than perfectly safe in the centre of Sheffield.

Five or so years ago I'd have agreed with you but not now sadly for some parts of the town centre but unfortunately the bits I'd rather avoid I have to go through because of where I work. Would be nice to be able to go out for a cig without being accosted by drunks, people asking for cash and getting verbals

The bits that tend to be busy in any City still have life I.e. Pubs clubs and theatres. Never had any grief from anyone. Believe we are the 4th largest in area, 5th in population but population seems to vary dependent on "metropolitan areas" of places like Leeds rather than the city.

The bits that tend to be busy in any City still have life I.e. Pubs clubs and theatres. Never had any grief from anyone. Believe we are the 4th largest in area, 5th in population but population seems to vary dependent on "metropolitan areas" of places like Leeds rather than the city.

Even on population, it goes London, Birmingham, Leeds, Sheffield.

If it goes on population density we may be fifth. The worst place in town, is probably Fitzsalan Square, but in truth I have had no hassle there but always feel wary, and its because of the people who stand outside the bookmakers.

It tend to get it around the delerict places or industrial places that surround the city centre, but not every day. Typical areas include Nursery Street up to the old market, just past the train station heading out towards the ice rink, the area around Eyre Street heading down towards the Moorfoot building