"if we dont deliver our side of the bargain, kick us out in five years

Within 6 WEEKS of being assessed fit for work by ATOS. I'd laugh but it's just not funny, is it?

---------- Post added 07-03-2015 at 15:10 ----------

It's a medical fact that stress can cause premature death. So, ok, if you prefer: DEFINITELY, then.

As soon as you start to froth at the mouth with the 'left-wing' comments, it's easy for everyone to see you have lost the argument, I'm afraid.

Of course some people will die within 6 weeks of any given event.

It's a medical fact that stress can cause premature death.

It's a medical fact that talking out of your backside makes you look silly.

Stress and anxiety - some of the top excuses at the moment for people who don't want to work. Even kids are becoming stressed and anxious these days as they know it will get them a day off school.

Precisely. It's a left wing rant rag. People die. 506,790 in 2013

http://www.ons.gov.uk/ons/rel/vsob1/mortality-statistics--deaths-registered-in-england-and-wales--series-dr-/2013/stb-deaths-registered-in-england-and-wales-in-2013-by-cause.html

some of them will have died after being assessed. Some of them will have died after winning the lottery. Here's an interesting statistic - 100% of people who are on the dole die.

What are your choices of news suppliers? Right wing rags by any chance??

---------- Post added 07-03-2015 at 16:24 ----------

Stress and anxiety - some of the top excuses at the moment for people who don't want to work. Even kids are becoming stressed and anxious these days as they know it will get them a day off school.

If talking out of your backside is a medical condition, I think yours it terminal!

Stress and anxiety are not excuses. They're medical conditions tthat we still know very little about. This is one of your dumbest posts ever, and that's saying something!

It's a medical fact that stress can cause premature death. So, ok, if you prefer: DEFINITELY, then.

So? What has that go to do with ATOS.

Everyone suffers from stress and anxiety at some point in their lives. It does not necessarilly stop them being fit for work or affect their capabilities for work.

"stress" is not necessarily a life long disability which demands government assistance and long term support. I, like many others get stressed most days. I have a demanding job with an even more demanding commute. I don't sit on my backside demanding handouts.

You are blurring issues now because you have failed to evidence your previous ludicrous claim that ATOS killed 10,600 people. You cannot prove that they would not have died in any event. You cannot prove that the stress they were allegedly suffering was accelerated or exacerbated by anything the government did or didn't do. You cannot even prove that those people were killed as a direct consequence of their mental condition.

You just providing a typical failed response. If you cannot back something up with facts -try to change the subject.

Edited by ECCOnoob

Stress and anxiety are illnesses like any other. Leads to all sorts of problems. Unfortunately some people just cant afford to stop working so have to manage it best they can.

---------- Post added 07-03-2015 at 18:09 ----------

Everyone suffers from stress and anxiety at some point in their lives. It does not necessarilly stop them being fit for work or affect their capabilities for work.

"stress" is not necessarily a life long disability which demands government assistance and long term support. I, like many others get stressed most days. I have a demanding job with an even more demanding commute. I don't sit on my backside demanding handouts.

You are blurring issues now because you have failed to evidence your previous ludicrous claim that ATOS killed 10,600 people. You cannot prove that they would not have died in any event. You cannot prove that the stress they were allegedly suffering was accelerated or exacerbated by anything the government did or didn't do. You cannot even prove that those people were killed as a direct consequence of their mental condition.

You just providing a typical failed response. If you cannot back something up with facts -try to change the subject.

Stress is a fact of life. Prolonged high levels of stress leads to a host of more serious health problems and ultimately premature death. Everybody has different tolerance levels.

There was a trainee who worked in one of the investment banks recently died due to stress and working a 36 hour shift!

---------- Post added 07-03-2015 at 18:12 ----------

I used to work with some severely disabled people on checkouts in my shop days who could not move very far very quickly. They were given double break time because it would take them their break to get to the staff room. But they asked for no help or excuses, they just wanted to work. And they did a grand job.

Its not in the same league as working a high level job with long hours and responsiblity. Working in the armed forces on the front line in a foreign country sounds stressful. Working in a shop isn't on the whole. No responsibility and able to go into auto mode - thats easy.

---------- Post added 07-03-2015 at 18:14 ----------

meditation, exercise, learning how to breath, drinking and smoking less, yoga, sleeping better are all ways to reduce stress build up in the body.

---------- Post added 07-03-2015 at 18:14 ----------

diet...you got to try to look after yourself or else its an early grave.

Edited by ubermaus

Pot-kettle! You've brought no facts or evidence to the table. Try it.

Pot-kettle! You've brought no facts or evidence to the table. Try it.

Yours was the assertion - backed up with no facts. He cant prove a negative.

I read all sorts of rags. The Daily Mirror is my fave if I want to laugh at liars.

Yours was the assertion - backed up with no facts. He cant prove a negative.

I provided a link containing figures to evidence my statement.

If he says it's wrong, he should back his statement up.

I read all sorts of rags.

I'm sure you do.

I provided a link containing figures to evidence my statement.

If he says it's wrong, he should back his statement up.

No you didn't. You provided an article from a union magazine page. Its a report which provided a figure with no evidence to support it. It was a completely biased article as it was calling for support to join the union's own demonstrations.

Just because 10,600 people died after being declared fit to work DOES NOT mean that 10,600 people died because of being declared fit to work.

You have provided NOTHING to show any link between ATOS and cause of death. Lots of people die for many reasons and at any times.

Its not for me to prove atos are responsible. You brought it up. Show the evidence.

Edited by ECCOnoob