"if we dont deliver our side of the bargain, kick us out in five years

You're right and I keep telling people this and they don't like it. Labour have only twice left office with a national debt higher than which they inherited, as a percentage of GDP, and both of those times were after the two greatest global economical collapses of all time. They certainly haven't doubled the national debt since 2010, which admittedly was already high, and they certainly haven't punished people like we see now, whilst at the same time rewarding their rich friends

They don't like it because its not true, the debt is halved, its simple. The "greatest economical collapse of all time" as far as this country is concerned was caused by a Labour government that was so intent on "spinning" the truth and blathering on about "no more boom and bust "that its arrogance thought it could do no wrong.

In 2010 the Tories kept telling us about Labours failure to "fix the roof while the sun is shining", it was true then and its true now, Labour blew it. Gave away our gold reserves, pillaged our pensions and ruined our economy.

That's the truth, stop spinning.

They don't like it because its not true, the debt is halved, its simple. The "greatest economical collapse of all time" as far as this country is concerned was caused by a Labour government that was so intent on "spinning" the truth and blathering on about "no more boom and bust "that its arrogance thought it could do no wrong.

In 2010 the Tories kept telling us about Labours failure to "fix the roof while the sun is shining", it was true then and its true now, Labour blew it. Gave away our gold reserves, pillaged our pensions and ruined our economy.

And the truth is, after the global economic collapse, that the economy had begun to show signs of recovery, for the last two official reports, under Labour rule. Then Cameron came along and we got the double-dip, and plunged deeper in to recession for a further two years without showing a single sign of improvement, just the reverse. Remember?

The debt has halved? Care to elaborate on that? As far as I am concerned the deficit has been halved, which is a completely different animal, the country is still dangerously close to collapsing under the weight of its debt.

And the truth is, after the global economic collapse, that the economy had begun to show signs of recovery, for the last two official reports, under Labour rule. Then Cameron came along and we got the double-dip, and plunged deeper in to recession for a further two years without showing a single sign of improvement, just the reverse. Remember?

The recovery you mention under Labour was known at the time as "dead cat bounce" it went up, but it was dead.

Camerons no nonsense method have saved this country.

Deficit halved

1000 new jobs for every day they have been in power

welfare capped to reward work

26 million paying less tax

The list goes on, the most radical PM in modern history.

---------- Post added 12-03-2015 at 13:49 ----------

The debt has halved? Care to elaborate on that? As far as I am concerned the deficit has been halved, which is a completely different animal, the country is still dangerously close to collapsing under the weight of its debt.

The debt issue remains serious, the calamity under Labour can never be underestimated.

What I don't understand is why people on here feel that the people who created the problem, ie LABOUR, can ever be trusted to handle our economy again.

Stick with Cameron and Osborne, we are getting there.

---------- Post added 12-03-2015 at 13:51 ----------

Stop calling it the "global economic collapse" its Transport house claptrap. The Labour party were in charge of our economy, if they had done their job properly we would not have been in the mess we were in.

---------- Post added 12-03-2015 at 13:53 ----------

You mean the super rich that don't pay workers who generate their wealth a living wage?

I don't know of any super rich British employers who pay less than the living wage, can you name a couple?

The debt issue remains serious, the calamity under Labour can never be underestimated.

Ah, so you did mean deficit :)

I don't think you can solely blame Labour for the debt-mountain, it is a whole catalogue of contributing factors. For example, I'd rather point at the idiocy that is the one-party system that we have had here for decades. There is no genuine check on the government in the system, you get in, you execute your plans.

What I don't understand is why people on here feel that the people who created the problem, ie LABOUR, can ever be trusted to handle our economy again.

Labour and other parties with a 20+ years of deregulation in Finance, mixed with a unhealthy dose of misinformation from credit rating agencies when dealing with sub-prime mortgages in the USA and in the UK (Northern Rock).

Still, let's boil it down to the shallowest point and play party politics. That's always a route to wisdom.

Labour and other parties with a 20+ years of deregulation in Finance, mixed with a unhealthy dose of misinformation from credit rating agencies when dealing with sub-prime mortgages in the USA and in the UK (Northern Rock).

Still, let's boil it down to the shallowest point and play party politics. That's always a route to wisdom.

Don't try to spread the blame, for 13 years Labour ruled the roost, they promised "no more boom and bust". Then we had the most spectacular bust.

Labour were in charge of this countries finances, they blew it.

---------- Post added 12-03-2015 at 15:25 ----------

Ah, so you did mean deficit :)

I don't think you can solely blame Labour for the debt-mountain, it is a whole catalogue of contributing factors. For example, I'd rather point at the idiocy that is the one-party system that we have had here for decades. There is no genuine check on the government in the system, you get in, you execute your plans.

Oh Dear, another apologist for incompetence. Labour were the government, they are responsible. Don't blame the iceberg, blame the idiots who steered us into it.

Edited by Alan Ladd

Oh Dear, another apologist for incompetence. Labour were the government, they are responsible. Don't lame the iceberg, blame the idiots who steered us into it.

Nothing apologetic about it, Labour certainly played a role, I just don't deal in platitudes and like to take all factors into account when making up my mind. Judging by your posts on politics the only thing you seem to do is praise the Tories for a great job done, which they haven't, and that is coming from a supporter of the party that is also in power but doesn't seem to get credit for anything.