People collecting for charity at night

I hate being harassed in this way, I am never going to give my bank details to strangers, especially not to those who have already annoyed me. I suppose this form of collecting must be successful or they would not do it but all it does for me is put me off donating to the charities that use these tactics.

Tell that to my cousin! lol

---------- Post added 07-03-2015 at 00:54 ----------

Re Read my last post!

---------- Post added 07-03-2015 at 00:56 ----------

8 out of 10 people won't notice a direct debit for a car? Its true! Tell me why they would not?

---------- Post added 07-03-2015 at 00:58 ----------

OK question to the forum… How often do you go over every direct debit? Looking for a payment that you don’t know about… I will answer for you almost NEVER!

I'd notice as soon as it was taken out. I have a very strict budget and check daily whats come out or due to come out.

• 5 months later...

Had my early evening peace and quiet disturbed by charity collectors. There was not one, not two but three of them stood there. I'm 6ft and burley (and handsome too) so I politely sent them on their way but if I was a little old lady and its a hour or so later (ie when it's dark) this could be a bit intimidating.

But at least I can rest in the knowledge had I given my money and details to them they wouldn't have flogged them on to some scammers.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-34111788

Oh.

Had my early evening peace and quiet disturbed by charity collectors. There was not one, not two but three of them stood there. I'm 6ft and burley (and handsome too) so I politely sent them on their way but if I was a little old lady and its a hour or so later (ie when it's dark) this could be a bit intimidating.

But at least I can rest in the knowledge had I given my money and details to them they wouldn't have flogged them on to some scammers.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-34111788

Oh.

I agree! I'm 6foot, chiselled body with Adonis looks, and like yourself would quiver with fear at the sight of an old lady at my door just after dark.:P

I agree! I'm 6foot, chiselled body with Adonis looks, and like yourself would quiver with fear at the sight of an old lady at my door just after dark.:P

Well in this day and age you'd wonder if someone had left her there or if someone else in the house had been leaving out food and old mills and boon books. You'll never get rid then.