Council car parking charge changes..

So long as they spend it on road improvements or traffic related stuff, it's not a profit. It can't fund parks or social care though.

Genuine question (as I don't know): Do councils get a subsidy from central government for road improvement / maintenance? Or is it raised from council tax?....Is it ringfenced (wherever it comes from)?

I think it comes from multiple sources, a lot of big projects are funded by central government, european money or pfi. Maintenance is down to the council though (and they have contracted Amey to do it for the next 25 years).

People will still push it though. There are always those that need extra for whatever reason. I think it's a bit silly really you pay for 1 hour and that should be it! If you need more pay for more it's simple really. If you're not sure use a multi storey or find somewhere to pay on exit.

CCTV spy van was at our local school yesterday, they'll have made a fortune too, so I'm glad this is still going to happen, as the way these numpties park is just idiotic sometimes.

You have paid for parking at the school? Or it will have been catching people just parking dangerously and illegally?