Blades sign a new striker

scottf

We should have insisted on Madine playing against us, as a condition of his loan:)

I remember it was a rule years ago but seem to have something in the back of my mind that it had been changed but obviously I'm wrong.

And got us promoted doing so?

I was thinking more of when Warnock left us, Leeds: Tonge, Brown, Paddy Kenny, Derry (Leeds and Palace). I'm sure there are some more from Palace I missed.

I was thinking more of when Warnock left us, Leeds: Tonge, Brown, Paddy Kenny, Derry (Leeds and Palace). I'm sure there are some more from Palace I missed.

Loyalty to his former players has always been something I liked about Warnock..

Loyalty to his former players has always been something I liked about Warnock..

Loyalty is good but from a fans perspective if results don't go their way, the fans think the manager is just looking after "his lads" and not that fussed about the team.

Loyalty is good but from a fans perspective if results don't go their way, the fans think the manager is just looking after "his lads" and not that fussed about the team.

Loyalty is something Football is in very short supply of.

Guest sibon
I remember it was a rule years ago but seem to have something in the back of my mind that it had been changed but obviously I'm wrong.

Wenger was trying to get it changed a couple of years ago, because he thought that it was unfair for Chelsea to loan players out but not have to play against them.

I've no idea what became of that idea.

How many ex Derby players is that now?

I've lost count!!! Even Shaun Barker is playing for the u21s to help him regain fitness. According to Clough we aren't looking to sign him so it appears to be a favour to Derby. In view of the row over Freeman and Mason Bennetts proposed move earlier in the season and McLarens comments I can't understand why we would do anything to help them at all.