Hit and run 8.20 on the 6.3.15

My 17 year old son was cyclin to work this am when a couple with kids in the car hit him and drove away, leaving him in a terrible state.

The incident happened at 8.20 this am on the road going down to the brook hill/university roundabout (from common side) at the junction of mushroom lane. A wonderful woman stopped to help and got his reg plate but unfortunately it was wrong. He was driving a silver car which will be damaged on the passenger side. We think he was taking his kids to the nether thorpe primary school.

Both the kind woman who stopped and the uni staff at the school of law site were fantastic and I will be writing to their boss to praise them.

Shame on you driver and partner, what message are you giving your children, who were apparently upset and traumatised?

Please, if anyone saw what happened, please please get in touch with me so we can bring this scum bag to justice.

Police need to check cctv on there. The reg number can't be far out either - a few 'alternatives' should be checked to see what comes up.

Even the plod will have thought of that one, but why wont they tell us the make of car if it was a saab it should be easy to find,not really a common make like ford or vauxhall.

Police need to check cctv on there. The reg number can't be far out either - a few 'alternatives' should be checked to see what comes up.

No CCTV that I can think of on that junction and doubt most CCTV would be good enough quality to read a reg plate,

Does your son have insurance? I've been fortunate enough never to be involved in an accident whilst cycling (other than an altercation with a tramline), but I've got insurance through CTC.

£10million third party cover and legal advice for around £40 per year. They also run the Cyclists Defence Fund, to pay for court cases where cyclists are involved in RTAs.

If drivers get prosecuted for driving dangerously, maybe we can create a safer road culture.

I hope your son is OK, and that the police manage to identify the driver and descend upon him from a great height!

I don't know to be honest, as the police wouldn't tell me. The woman who helped had a description but all my son can recall was that it was silver. Were you there Will?

Sorry no i wasnt but i saw a silver saab earlier and it had some damage to the passenger side. Its probably not related but i thought id ask :)

---------- Post added 06-03-2015 at 19:45 ----------

A make of car

:confused: