Hit and run 8.20 on the 6.3.15

If you have reason to believe he was taking his kids to Netherthorpe school then I would go and sit outside the school next week between 8.30-9.00 for a couple of days. Wait and see if someone matching that description turns up and if so then obtain his number plate.

Hope your son is doing ok. Far too many morons on our roads.

I'm just gobsmacked that the couple simply said they didn't want the kids to be late for school and drove off! What about my kid eh? Thankfully he was wearing a helmet which saved his life

Sorry I'm confused? Did they actually stop and say that they didn't want the kids to be late?

Ill pass on the news to our porter who I think helped out with your son and kept us informed at work. I have a possible lead from cyclesheffield mailing list

"One of my colleagues at work was in a car almost direct behind (1 car back).

If you've got an incident number or anything I'm sure she'd be happy to tell people what she saw etc."

If you contact me directly Ill pass on the details and I hope your son gets well soon

Sorry I'm confused? Did they actually stop and say that they didn't want the kids to be late?

They did yes. Unfortunately my son was too shocked and upset to stop them.

---------- Post added 07-03-2015 at 15:52 ----------

Ill pass on the news to our porter who I think helped out with your son and kept us informed at work. I have a possible lead from cyclesheffield mailing list

"One of my colleagues at work was in a car almost direct behind (1 car back).

If you've got an incident number or anything I'm sure she'd be happy to tell people what she saw etc."

If you contact me directly Ill pass on the details and I hope your son gets well soon

That sounds really promising, thank you! I have sent you a pm. I have an incident number and details of the PCs involved. Oh and Paul the porter was an absolute star, as were all the uni staff who helped him.

---------- Post added 07-03-2015 at 15:53 ----------

If you have reason to believe he was taking his kids to Netherthorpe school then I would go and sit outside the school next week between 8.30-9.00 for a couple of days. Wait and see if someone matching that description turns up and if so then obtain his number plate.

Hope your son is doing ok. Far too many morons on our roads.

That's my plan! :D

They checked the cctv but it was pointing he wrong way apparently. They did try variations on the reg plate but it bought up over 80 vehicles and they don't have the resources to check them all out.

I'm just gobsmacked that the couple simply said they didn't want the kids to be late for school and drove off! What about my kid eh? Thankfully he was wearing a helmet which saved his life.

I'm really hoping someone else witnessed it and can help..

Get back on to the police. They would have found the driver if your son had died. Is there an incident board at the junction?

Get back on to the police. They would have found the driver if your son had died. Is there an incident board at the junction?

There isn't no. I've tried ringing the number I was given but no reply so I think it's a mon-fri office hours number. And now I have calmed down a little, I'm inclined to agree with you. Surely this man should be caught now before he does kill someone. Thanks for replying.

---------- Post added 07-03-2015 at 17:36 ----------

I seriously hope the scumbags who hit your son get caught, and quickly, and hope he makes a speedy recovery.

Just a thought, I'm not being pedantic, but, maybe you could get admin to change the title of the thread to the date it happened rather than "this morning" - maybe might get more response.

Good luck.

I have sent a ticket to the mods asking exactly that. Thank you.

Just trying to piece the full events. Did they actually hit your son and do any damage to him or the bike?

Yes they did. He was in the bus/cycle lane going down hill, they were in slow moving traffic. The driver then indicated and turned left at the same time without checking his wing mirror. My son went into the passenger side of the car before landing face first in the road. The woman passenger got out, saw my son get up, then commented on her kids being upset and said they would be late for school before getting back in the car and driving off. My son ended up at A&E via the ambulance. His face and fingers are a mess. Fortunately, his cycle gear and helmet stopped any serious injury. The bike is damaged but until I can get it checked over in Monday, I don't know to what extent.

We're you there?

---------- Post added 07-03-2015 at 18:00 ----------

Thank you mods for changing the title so quickly..

---------- Post added 08-03-2015 at 18:25 ----------

I'm not going to give up trying to find this man. I have written to The Star but please please, if anyone saw what happened and has any details on the car etc, please get in touch! Next time, the victim might not be so lucky...

---------- Post added 09-03-2015 at 09:58 ----------

The Star are going to run a story on this but I really need any other witnesses to come forward please!

My son is in so much pain and is struggling to eat due to the injuries to his mouth.

Waiting to hear back from the police about an incident board at the junction as well.

Yes they did. He was in the bus/cycle lane going down hill, they were in slow moving traffic. The driver then indicated and turned left at the same time without checking his wing mirror. My son went into the passenger side of the car before landing face first in the road. The woman passenger got out, saw my son get up, then commented on her kids being upset and said they would be late for school before getting back in the car and driving off. My son ended up at A&E via the ambulance. His face and fingers are a mess. Fortunately, his cycle gear and helmet stopped any serious injury. The bike is damaged but until I can get it checked over in Monday, I don't know to what extent.

We're you there?

---------- Post added 07-03-2015 at 18:00 ----------

Thank you mods for changing the title so quickly..

---------- Post added 08-03-2015 at 18:25 ----------

I'm not going to give up trying to find this man. I have written to The Star but please please, if anyone saw what happened and has any details on the car etc, please get in touch! Next time, the victim might not be so lucky...

---------- Post added 09-03-2015 at 09:58 ----------

The Star are going to run a story on this but I really need any other witnesses to come forward please!

My son is in so much pain and is struggling to eat due to the injuries to his mouth.

Waiting to hear back from the police about an incident board at the junction as well.

Someone I know has tweeted your facebook page on it. I have retweeted. Let's hope they find them.