Hit and run 8.20 on the 6.3.15

They checked the cctv but it was pointing he wrong way apparently. They did try variations on the reg plate but it bought up over 80 vehicles and they don't have the resources to check them all out.

I'm just gobsmacked that the couple simply said they didn't want the kids to be late for school and drove off! What about my kid eh? Thankfully he was wearing a helmet which saved his life.

I'm really hoping someone else witnessed it and can help..

---------- Post added 06-03-2015 at 19:56 ----------

Thanks Will, was the car around that general area?

---------- Post added 06-03-2015 at 20:01 ----------

Does your son have insurance? I've been fortunate enough never to be involved in an accident whilst cycling (other than an altercation with a tramline), but I've got insurance through CTC.

£10million third party cover and legal advice for around £40 per year. They also run the Cyclists Defence Fund, to pay for court cases where cyclists are involved in RTAs.

If drivers get prosecuted for driving dangerously, maybe we can create a safer road culture.

I hope your son is OK, and that the police manage to identify the driver and descend upon him from a great height!

Hi Becky. We didn't know about insurance but the policeman who dealt with us suggested it as well. He will defiantly be getting it now, I can tell you! He's in a lot of pain as his face is a mess and he can't eat cos his mouth is too swollen ?

Does your son have insurance? I've been fortunate enough never to be involved in an accident whilst cycling (other than an altercation with a tramline), but I've got insurance through CTC.

£10million third party cover and legal advice for around £40 per year. They also run the Cyclists Defence Fund, to pay for court cases where cyclists are involved in RTAs.

If drivers get prosecuted for driving dangerously, maybe we can create a safer road culture.

I hope your son is OK, and that the police manage to identify the driver and descend upon him from a great height!

Is it just 3rd party or does it cover yourself also?

I seriously hope the scumbags who hit your son get caught, and quickly, and hope he makes a speedy recovery.

Just a thought, I'm not being pedantic, but, maybe you could get admin to change the title of the thread to the date it happened rather than "this morning" - maybe might get more response.

Good luck.

I seriously hope the scumbags who hit your son get caught, and quickly, and hope he makes a speedy recovery.

Just a thought, I'm not being pedantic, but, maybe you could get admin to change the title of the thread to the date it happened rather than "this morning" - maybe might get more response.

Good luck.

Edited by MonkeyLover
Edit - sorry, just realised posted it twice!

Is it just 3rd party or does it cover yourself also?

Err, I thought third party covered claims against you by a third party? I may be getting myself confused!

The website says this:

"If you want to guard against claims made by others for any accidental damage caused by you or your cycle, you may want to consider CTC's Third Party insurance.

CTC members are automatically covered up to £10 million by this policy, including business commuting and timetrials"

There are other insurance policies available though!

Hit and run drivers that consciously drive on, as in this case, need to be banned from driving for life. Complete disregard of other human beings is not the sort of state of mind that I want to share roads with.

I hope your son is doing better.

Err, I thought third party covered claims against you by a third party? I may be getting myself confused!

The website says this:

"If you want to guard against claims made by others for any accidental damage caused by you or your cycle, you may want to consider CTC's Third Party insurance.

CTC members are automatically covered up to £10 million by this policy, including business commuting and timetrials"

There are other insurance policies available though!

So in this case it wouldn't help. The party that caused and left the scene of the accident isn't likely to be making a claim against him is it!

So in this case it wouldn't help. The party that caused and left the scene of the accident isn't likely to be making a claim against him is it!

No, but there's an accident claim line for you if you've been involved in an accident, and legal advice. I know the driver would need to be tracked down first, but I think you can claim for legal expenses if it goes to court.

Plus if the driver does come back and try to claim for the damage to his car, the cyclist would be covered.

I did say I get confused by third party insurance :) And that there are other insurance policies available specifically for cyclists. I may have to rethink my cover...