Hit and run 8.20 on the 6.3.15

Yes they did. He was in the bus/cycle lane going down hill, they were in slow moving traffic. The driver then indicated and turned left at the same time without checking his wing mirror. My son went into the passenger side of the car before landing face first in the road. The woman passenger got out, saw my son get up, then commented on her kids being upset and said they would be late for school before getting back in the car and driving off. My son ended up at A&E via the ambulance. His face and fingers are a mess. Fortunately, his cycle gear and helmet stopped any serious injury. The bike is damaged but until I can get it checked over in Monday, I don't know to what extent.

We're you there?

I walk that way every day between about 8:15 and 8:30. I guess I must have passed before the accident occurred on Friday.

A few points - as I recall the traffic was pretty free flowing last Friday instead of the usual queuing from the roundabout up to say Harcourt Road.

Every day at the Mushroom Lane junction there are always 3/4 people who I assume are Jehovahs Witnesses or similar who are handing stuff out - have they been asked if they saw anything?

Just clarifying that the car was turning into Mushroom Lane - seems an odd way to go to Netherthorpe School if you're in a hurry - would have thought turning at the Star and Garter would be much more direct. Maybe they're fairly new to Sheffield?

Keeping my eyes peeled for silver / grey cars with damage on the nearside while I'm walking to work.

Edited by Longcol

It can't have been turning into Mushroom lane, it's one way and the cycle had come down from Common Side (on Winter Street if I remember the road name).

---------- Post added 11-03-2015 at 07:49 ----------

The car turned left across or into the bus lane

He was in the bus/cycle lane going down hill, they were in slow moving traffic. The driver then indicated and turned left at the same time without checking his wing mirror.

Which could be at the junction near the Star and Garter, or the one before (opposite Mushroom Lane) that goes into the housing estate.

It can't have been turning into Mushroom lane, it's one way and the cycle had come down from Common Side (on Winter Street if I remember the road name).

---------- Post added 11-03-2015 at 07:49 ----------

The car turned left across or into the bus lane

Which could be at the junction near the Star and Garter, or the one before (opposite Mushroom Lane) that goes into the housing estate.

That is mushroom lane- it's bisected by winter street and so goes both left and right off it.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Mushroom+Ln,+Sheffield,+South+Yorkshire+S3+7NZ/@53.3838267,-1.4893129,17z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x4879789d3061e1d1:0x707f56727ea80b44

Thank you all for your responses and help trying to find this couple, I really appreciate all the help that's been offered.

The police have also been fantastic and are looking at several leads, I wish the bloke would just turn himself in. If he'd stayed at the time to help, non of this would have happened as it was an avoidable accident initially. Now it's a hit and run case.

On a positive note, my son has gone back to work today (on the bus) and his injuries are healing well.

Halfords at Kilner Way have also been amazing and are fixing his bike for him for free!

Big up the good people of Sheffield, which I feel are still by far in the majority!

---------- Post added 11-03-2015 at 10:29 ----------

You're right. I think this has confused a lot of people so thank you.

just seen the story in the Star- hope Taron is recovering well and that it doesnt put him off cycling. Fingers crossed the idiot driver is found - its inexcusable to leave the scene of an accident like that. Good on Halfords for offering to repair the bike too and to all those who helped when the accident occurred.

The story has popped up everywhere which is great! I feel sure this couple will have read about what they've done somewhere, either on line or in the paper version of the Star.

We now know the car was a silver ford, possibly a mondeo or focus.

My son went back to work for one day before we ended up back at A&E with his knee. He has ligament damage so can't straighten or fully bend it and needs physio.

That said, his face is now nearly fully healed! These fit and healthy youngsters soon get better don't they?

The biggest test now is him getting back on his his bike which Halfords have now repaired free of charge.

Thank you Sheffield people :love: